Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cherryblueskies Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2009, 03:46 PM
    What skin lightner was most effective for you?
    Hey ladies!

A few months a go I posted a thread asking the above question & was shocked to see that women of other races became offended. That was never my intention. The purpose of this thread was to hear from other women "like me" whom have experienced the same frustation with finding that a mass majority of Skin Lightening products not as effective on african-american skin & whom have ALSO found a solution or better product for "our" skin type. This thread was not meant to exclude but to obtain feedback from african-american women since I am a AFRICAN-AMERICAN WOMAN. It is a great feeling to know that women from all different races can advise and give support or such a taboo topic but honestly if our situation isn't similar then advice will not be as helpful. I appreciate the positive feedback & hope black women will continue to share their advice, stories & thoughts of skin lightening on this thread.

(By the way, Fair & Flawless 5x body lightener works miracles, I've lightened 2 shades after 40 days!)
    BabyDoll22 Posts: 85, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2009, 10:47 AM
    Wow that's good I always wanted to know how fair & white products work. Am happy its working for you :)
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Mar 18, 2009, 04:57 AM

CHERRYBLUESKIES,

I am also a fan of F& F and want to know what area you used the body lightening gel on. I found the jar to be relatively small for an area like the body.
    BabyDoll22 Posts: 85, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 10:05 AM

Yes what color is the bottle:)
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

Mar 18, 2009, 11:12 AM

Babydoll fair&white and fair&flawless totally 2 different products
    CELINA Posts: 40, Reputation: 0

Mar 19, 2009, 02:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryblueskies View Post

(By the way, Fair & Flawless 5x body lightener works miracles, I've lightened 2 shades after 40 days!)

That's odd, F&F came in white jars with pink lids and it just short of burn the skin off my cheecks and chin. Some kind of acid, seemed, but the jar's DIDN'T EVEN HAVE LABELS I don't really know what it was 5X... battery acid or what!. didnt lighten me, in fact the burn areas got PIH (post inflam hyperpigmentation) that took months to fade away.

Anyway I'm dowgla from the West Indies. Mixed Black! Half African and half South Indian. What was most effective for me was not relying on a skin lightening cream alone but I also took turmeric piils a lot, used kojic acid soaps, and afraid to mention it because it always seems to stir up a storm here but herbalinn RADIANCE 20% benzylarbutin is the best cream out there, it lightened me up 2-3 shades over the past full YEAR and without burn or flaking or leaving a fake white chaulky cast like some other brands out there do.

Happy lightnerin sistahz :)
    Celina
    oxoxox

Mar 19, 2009, 05:50 AM

Celina,

You were dfinitely one of the lucky ones, if you found BA worked for you.
    cherryblueskies Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 03:46 PM

I used the 5x times body lightening gel on my face, (it says not too though) & was surprised at how smooth my skin looked & felt the next day. The lightening did not start right away, I actually didn't notice any difference for the first 4 weeks until friends & family started telling me my skin looked much lighter. After 2 months of using the product I really noticed a difference because my hands were much darker than my face which both have always been around the same complexion. Unfortunately since the gel is expensive I haven't gotten the funds together to buy a new jar & have noticed the dark spots on my face are starting to resurface. The lightening gel leaves good results but not permanent.
    tryin2lighten Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2009, 03:30 PM
    Hi Celina, where did you buy these products.. I live in the Uk.. wher can I get these, please

Quote Originally Posted by CELINA View Post
    That's odd, F&F came in white jars with pink lids and it just short of burn the skin off my cheecks and chin. Some kind of acid, seemed, but the jar's DIDN'T EVEN HAVE LABELS I don't really know what it was 5X..... battery acid or what!..didnt lighten me, in fact the burn areas got PIH (post inflam hyperpigmentation) that took months to fade away.

Anyway I'm dowgla from the West Indies. Mixed Black!! Half African and half South Indian. What was most effective for me was not relying on a skin lightening cream alone but I also took turmeric piils alot, used kojic acid soaps, and afraid to mention it because it always seems to stir up a storm here but herbalinn RADIANCE 20% benzylarbutin is the best cream out there, it lightened me up 2-3 shades over the past full YEAR and without burn or flaking or leaving a fake white chaulky cast like some other brands out there do.

Happy lightnerin sistahz :)
    Celina
    oxoxox
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2009, 05:15 PM

Have you tried the black hair stores

Mar 26, 2009, 10:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tryin2lighten View Post
    Hi Celina, where did you buy these products..i live in the Uk..wher can i get these, please
    They are purchased on line.
    CariBaybee Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2010, 09:22 PM

Hi everyone. I'm an african american myself and I'm looking for a product that can lighten my skin permamnently rather then damage. If you have any suggestions please let me know.
    Caramel1989 Posts: 62, Reputation: 4

Feb 8, 2010, 06:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CariBaybee View Post
    hi everyone. im an african american myself and im looking for a product that can lighten my skin permamnently rather then damage. if you have any suggestions please let me know.
    There isn't any permanent solution... u have to maintain it to stay at the light color u want and wear sunscreen all year round no matter what the weather is like. That's why its better to find a safe product to lighten because you are going to have to keep at it forever so if it's a harmful product you will eventually damage your skin. What color is your skin right now? Like which celebrity? It will help people be able to give you advice that will work for u...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Skin lightner for acne [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everybody. I am new to this site. It would be great if you answer me. I have been suffering from severe acne for the past 8 years. So far I have taken treatment from 4 dermatologists. And to each person I sticked for more than 6 months. I saw no improvement except for spending money for...

View more questions Search