Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Adeehsar Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Mar 16, 2009, 03:19 PM
    My dog has nightmares almost every night.
    I really need advice. When I got home from spring break, my mom was telling me about my dog having nightmares. Because of this, my parents decided to let her sleep in the room with them. But since I was home, I let her with me. Almost every night that I have been home, she whines and shakes in her sleep. At first, she does this quietly. But then she gets louder and louder. Until she wakes up ( still shaking) and jumps in the bed next to me. I don't like seeing my dog like this. I want to help her, before I go back to college. Please help ! I don't want my dog to suffer like this. Thank you for reading.
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

Mar 17, 2009, 03:50 AM

This is very normal... All dogs have dreams.
    I know myself how freaky it is to be woken up at 3oclock in the morning from your dog growling only to realise he's asleep.

The best thing you can do is wake him up if you do hear him crying or growling... Other then that dog's dream like people its normal.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2009, 05:28 AM
    Wouldn't let me give you good rep again rex but I agree.
    Usually I just give them a scratch, they just stop making the growly/squeeky noises and don't even wake up!
    Adeehsar Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2009, 10:58 AM
    Thanks for telling me. I am glad to know that it is normal. I was worried sick.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 17, 2009, 11:12 AM

Dog dreams are absolutely normal, and sometimes even funny to watch them. My dog has them all the time, and I don't know what she's chasing, but it must really tick her off that she can never catch it! LOL! Her little legs are just a going, and she twitches and lets out little whines. Usually I will just leave her. If it starts to look like it's really disturbing her, I will pet her gently. Athough, she's given me some pretty dirty looks sometimes when I've woken her, so who knows, maybe it was a really good dream! Maybe she was out on a doggie date or something! Haha!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Nightmares After Breakup [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend of four years, just recently broke up with me. I'm in the process of moving out of our apartment, while he is staying with friends and family. For the past week though, I can't sleep at all because within an hour of falling asleep I begin having nightmares about him. He never abused me...

Nightmares in my dreams [ 1 Answers ]

I keep having these dreams of being murderd or my family be murderd. These dreams are so real to me, the last one I was telling myself this is not real wake up please, as I was dreaming of this man going to stab me after he had already stabbed my husband. Its making me afraid to be alone. I'm...

Recurring nightmares [ 3 Answers ]

My friend has been having a recurring nightmare every night for the last three weeks that involves the suicide of someone. Its preventing her from sleeping at night and I am really worried about her well-being. What can she do to stop the nightmares? Is there anyone she should see for help?

Nightmares [ 3 Answers ]

I am six weeks pregnant and every night I have nightmares about losing my baby or husband, most nights I wake up and can’t go back to sleep. When I had my m/c back in June two weeks before I miscarried I began having these dreams, could this be a sign of a miscarriage? I am so afraid of having an...

Red cast nightmares [ 1 Answers ]

My hair had blong highlights that were growing out and I didn't have time for a trip to the salon plus I was tired of blond and decided to go back to my brown easy right so I bought Coloesilk 51 light brown and put it on no problem well it turned my hair brown but with a red cast I have tred the...

View more questions Search