Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jordan1989 Posts: 48, Reputation: -1

Mar 16, 2009, 02:37 PM
    Spring Equinox March 17?
    The spring equinox is supposed to be on March 21, but by definition of an equinox, it's the day when the time from sunrise to sunset is exactly 12 hours. And according to the Weather Channel website, that day occurs tomorrow (March 17).

Daily Averages for Livonia, MI (48150) - weather.com

Here you see that March 17 is the first day where the day is longer than the night.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 20, 2009, 02:12 PM

Please don't double post your questions.
    See:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/astron...-a-331070.html
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 20, 2009, 10:00 PM

Actually March 20th today is the first day of spring. And, the day that the 'day and night' are equal is June 21st I believe.

Stringer
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 20, 2009, 10:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Actually March 20th today is the first day of spring. And, the day that the 'day and night' are equal is June 21st I believe.

Stringer
    The Summer Solstice is when daylight hours are the longest.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 20, 2009, 10:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    The Summer Solstice is when daylight hours are the longest.
    Thanks WG, I wasn't sure on that one, that's why I said "I believe." Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2006 Chevy Equinox A/C not blowing? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 2006 Chevy Equinox and after driving for about 15 minutes the air conditioner almost completely stops blowing. I can here it trying to come out and it sounds like it is restricted somehow. Sometimes no air comes out at all. But I can hear it trying and little white specks come flying...

I need to Jurnalize entries for the month of March. [ 2 Answers ]

Mar 1 Joan also invests her used vehicle into the business. She estimates that its fair value is $15,000. Joan estimates that the vehicle will be useful to the business for four years, at which time its residual value will be $3,000. It will only be used for business purposes. Mar 1 Joan signs a...

It's March and I haven't had a period since September. [ 2 Answers ]

So, I got off my birth control (Yaz) in August 2007 because it started to make me sick. (Chest pains, mood swings, fluctuation in appetite/weight, etc.) And since late September, I haven't had a menstrual period. Also, I've been having a strange white discharge since then as well. What should...

F-1 Jan-March 07 and became an H1-B since March 07 [ 1 Answers ]

I'm single, and I have more than the 180 something days that the presence test requires. I think I can fill form 1040EZ because H1B holders pay taxes like a normal resident. So my question is, can I use form 1040EZ for my taxes, or which form do I need? What if I was working from Jan to...

Bangkok in March [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I heard about the military coup that happened last year in Thailand. Since then, I have not kept myself updated with the political situation in the country. Now I am planning to travel to Bangkok on March 2008. I know that weather-wise, the temperature is warmer than Feb. but not as...

View more questions Search