Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wuvers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2009, 12:08 PM
    Music and College
    I would like to know if there is any colleges that can help my friend with achieve a music career he is a very good singer and he can also rap. Im just trying to help a friend! I know that he have a low change of becoming a singer let alone rapper but it never hurt to try.:)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 16, 2009, 12:17 PM

Top music schools in the US --
    Eastman School of Music, Rochester NY
    Julliard, NYC

Many colleges and universities have music programs and degrees in the fine arts (including music). Talking to the school guidance counselor(s) and a visit to a public library to find books that list and describe all the colleges and their programs are the two best ways to start a search.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2009, 04:15 PM

Hi, wuvers!

I agree with Wondergirl above, and would like to add that a person doesn't necessarily have to go to an institution of higher learning in order to have a career in music. I graduated with a degree in music education and also perform a lot professionally. However, having a degree isn't necessary for my to perform, but going to college did help in my learning music.

What sort of music besides rap does your friend like to sing, please?

Thanks!
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2009, 07:54 AM

Berklee School of Music in Boston is one of the premier music schools, but it's pretty expensive too.

Also, UMass Lowell in Lowell, Massachsuetts is another good one. They have a great music program that's much cheaper than Julliard and Berklee and have the only advanced degree in Sound Recording Technology.
    dodyS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2012, 11:36 PM
    The New School for Jazz and Contemporary Music

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Excelsior College a real college? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, if someone can please help me and let me know if Excelsior College's distance learning program is legally accredited, I would appreciate it very much. I would like to get a BS degree in Computer Information System through distance learning. I found that Excelsior College is perfect for this,...

Music college [ 2 Answers ]

Yeah I'm in my 3rd year of high school and I'm trying to find good college's with a strong music program and I just don't know were to look except for my home town, the university of Idaho. And I probably will go there because I also play the tuba and they have a kick low brass section. :D

Humber college or Seneca college (Canada) [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm about to apply for an accounting advanced diploma in Toronto, Canada but I'm so confused about which college I should choose between Humber and Seneca. I'll give you a website in case you can help me point out each one's weaknesses and good points. Here is Humber : Accounting -...

College student w/o w-2 but can I file tax to get college tuition credits back? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a college student with no job income(no W-2 form) but do have few dollars of interest earned from saving account(1099-INT form). I know I do not have to file tax return since the income is extremely low. But I heard if I file tax return then I can get few hundreds of college tuition...

College guy suddenly confusing college girl [ 4 Answers ]

So here's the deal: I entered college midyear. During my first week, I met this incredibly nice & cute guy. We hit it off. We spent hours just talking in his room. He drove me to the bookstore to get my books. We went out for fast food a couple times. Things got complicated when he decided to...

View more questions Search