Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angeleyes311 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2006, 01:47 PM
    Snake in the bedroom
    I am trying to find out if snakes can climb up a block wall into a window. We have a snake in the house and have no clue how its gotten in. I was trumatized as a child with a snake so have a fear of them. It is in my daughters room but through the closet wall under the bathtub. Anyhelp in how to get rid of.. catching it.. killing it anything would be helpful
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2006, 01:49 PM
    Some snakes CAN climb a block wall. Where do you live? That will help determine what type of snake it is. Best to give would be your zip code if you're in the US.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 30, 2006, 02:32 PM
    They can climb a wall, they can come in around plumbing pipes from under a home ( check for openings under the kitchen sink often)

Next what kind of snake makes a difference a rattle snake for example after it coils up can jump a distance of over its length.
    angeleyes311 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2006, 03:15 PM
    We live in Florida and by looking on here believe it to be a southern black racer. I just need help in figuring how to get it out of my house. At this moment we have lost track not sure if it is in the wall seeing that my daughter has a hole in her wall or if it has found a way out. Is there something we can use to trap it or get it to show itself again?
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Aug 30, 2006, 04:53 PM
    Its been a bumper crop of them this year. I had to take measures to see that the ones living in our backyard didn't come in with me on two different occasions. They are a harmless and seldom seen snake ordinarily and I imagine its going to leave soon enough for the simply lack of food supply in your house. I know that is not a very comforting thought. Maybe call your local agricultural station and ask?
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Oct 23, 2006, 03:25 PM
    Put mothballs all around the outside of your house.

Mind you that mothballs are considered dangourous, by means, they should be placed out of reach of children, and the fumes off them can be toxic, this is why I place them outside.

I also have thrown a few in the basement.

I once had a snake problem, snakes would enter under the threshold of the doorway, and other various orfices in the house. An old timer told me to spread mothballs around.

So I purchased a box, and heeded to warnings on this box, and here it is 3 years later, haven't seen a snake yet. Or couse it could also be that the last snake I killed, I mounted on a stick and posted it out in the front yard as a wanring to other snakes. :) (I smile, but I really did that)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The Bedroom [ 15 Answers ]

I have been with my wife for nine years this month we will see our fifth wedding anniversary. We have two fantastic kids and are very happy and I believe still deeply in love with each other... However just lately the only time we make love is when my wife has been out and under the influence...

Pet snake [ 5 Answers ]

A friend of mine that I will be moving in with soon is insisting upon owning a carpet python. I understand that this is a battle that I cannot win. My only request is that she feed it something not rodent. What can I do? Frustrated, blusia

Old bedroom suite [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone help me find some info or place online where I can identify an old bedroom suite I inherited from my mother. All I know about it is it came from thomasville, nc and was supposed to be on of the first ones made in thomasville factories. She got it from her oldest sister and she was the...

Bedroom switch does nothing. [ 6 Answers ]

My fiancé and I recently purchased a condo, and there is a lightswitch in the master bedroom that doesn't do anything. We've tried every port on every electrical outlet in the room and it does nothing. I thought maybe it was wired to something in the ceiling, but there is no cap or anything...

Close Call with a Snake [ 6 Answers ]

I was recently hiking on the Appalachian Trail in the Port Clinton, Pennsylvania area an encounters a snake. It struck at me, but missed. I appeard black with lighter markings on it's back. It made a hissing sound, which is what made me stop along the trail, and almost get bitten. Any idea what...

View more questions Search