Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oead Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2009, 09:02 PM
    Spot on penis shaft
    I've just found a reddish spot on the shaft of my penis. I'm freaking out because I've read about different STDs including syphillis, which describes the early signs as having an open painless sore. My spot is not open or elevated, could it be syphillis? Thanks!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2009, 10:11 PM

Hi, oead!

It could be any number of things. No one here can diagnose you, but can make educated guesses just like you can. Granted, the educated guesses by some of the people here might be excellent, and may be right on target. But, the bottom line is that even if a person here would be qualified to diagnose someone, they can't physically examine you in order to make a proper diagnosis.

In order for you to ease your mind, the best thing that you can do would be to see a physician.

Thanks!
    crazybird Posts: 82, Reputation: 8

Mar 15, 2009, 10:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by oead View Post
    I've just found a reddish spot on the shaft of my penis. I'm freaking out because I've read about different STDs including syphillis, which describes the early signs as having an open painless sore. My spot is not open or elevated, could it be syphillis? Thanks!
    This may or not be serious. Go to your family doctor. Do not be embarrassed. Just go.
    They see all sorts of ailments every single day. That is what they are there for. They will take tests and you will get a deffinate answer. You are paying for their services. Let them help you. If it is a problem they will help you right away. Speculating just delays medical treatment.
    tyboyce Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2013, 07:59 AM
    If I have a red spot on the bottom of my penis. It only hurts if I touch it, it doesn't seam to mother me as I can't feel it without touching it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've got a yellow spot like a normal acne spot on my penis. [ 21 Answers ]

I've got like a 1/2cm spot with a yellow/white head on it on my penis about halfway up. Its like a normal acne spot on a face but I have no idea what it is?. I've squeezed it, thinking it was a normal spot and whitish pus has come out (exactly like a normal spot on your face when you squeeze it)......

I have a red bump on the shaft of my penis. [ 3 Answers ]

About a week ago I developed a red bump on my penis it doesn't hurt unless I touch it and it won't pop and I don't think its an std cause I only have sex with one person its kind of developed a white head and looks like a big zit but I don't know if I should pop it what should I do?

Fordyce's spot (White Spot on penis) [ 15 Answers ]

I have quite a lot of small white lumps on my penis and scrotum, after doing research and looking at pictures I think these might be Fordyce's spots, but I have found one spot which looks similar to the rest but maybe the littlest bit bigger and has a yellowish head, is it possible for the penis to...

Odd lump on shaft of penis [ 1 Answers ]

Just the other day while masturbating I noticed a small lump on the side of the shaft of my penis, it doesn't hurt at all but I'm very worried about it, should I get Gt checked out? By the way I'm 13 yrs old

Lump on shaft of penis [ 1 Answers ]

The other day I notice a hardened spot on the bottom of the shaft of my penis, I put a little pressure on it and puss came out, like a pimple, so I thought it was that, but the lump has not gone down/ healed since popping it and now is sore. Anyone have any idea if this is serious or what it might...

View more questions Search