Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tarynanger Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2009, 12:18 PM
    How to deal with disrespect.
    So, I just move into this house with my husband 19 month old son. My best friend calls me after living here for 2 weeks and says her mom is kicking her out and has no where else to go. Along with this immature guy that is mooching off her and everyone around him. And now they have been living in my house with NO jobs for the past month and a half. My friend Lindsey is collecting unemployement which helps a little, but my real issue is her friend Timmy who walks around MY house like he owns the place, and is really rude, and has no manners. To top it all off he swears at my 19 month old son! I want him out now! But if he goes Lindsey goes and they have no where to go but sleep in her car. What should I do!? :mad::mad::mad:
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2009, 12:20 PM

Your baby comes first. It is not your problem if they have to sleep in a car because they wouldn't live by your rule/respect you, your family and your generosity. Make this clear to them. If they do not agree chuck them out.
    Tarynanger Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2009, 12:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by templelane View Post
    Your baby comes first. It is not your problem if they have to sleep in a car because they wouldn't live by your rule/respect you, your family and your generosity. Make this clear to them. If they do not agree chuck them out.

Your absolutely right.. Thank you! But husband dosen't back me up and dosen't stick up for me because now Timmy is his hang out buddy... So I am kind of in a catch 22. I'm made out to be the bad guy.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2009, 06:14 PM

Am I to understand that your husband let's not just anybody, but a "buddy" swear at his baby?

This has to end yesterday. You tell your husband that he better grow a pair and when someone swears at a your baby he better correct that immediately. In 16 years when junior crashes the car, maybe swearing at him then is acceptable, but it sure as hell isn't now while some dead beat, that I have to pay for walks around doing nothing. Let me be as clear as I can. HIM! Get him out of that house now, and if your husband doesn't have the balls to see what this is doing to your child start the divorce, because the child doesn't need to be around a grown man that allows someone to start insulting a 2 year old.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

35 year old son treats his father with disrespect [ 8 Answers ]

My son is so mean to my husband. He has done so since 16. He has never had consequences for it. We visited him in Chicago this weekend and all he did was critize my husband and call him old, deaf , etc. He lacks emotions. My husband is loving and when he tells him he loves him he says that his...

Husband allows others to disrespect me [ 5 Answers ]

I have been married for almost 15 years. In last the 2 to 3 yrs my husband has started being verbal abusive. But, to make along story short he allows his friends and family to say real hateful comments to me and has actually gone along with them . Then later will blame me for it and does not...

Dealing with Disrespect and Rudeness at Work [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I soon start a new job in the security sector in Europe. In this job, I have been warned that I will certainly meet customers (and maybe colleagues) who disrespect me and treat me like ****. Off course, I have to remain calm and polite, not take those attacks personally. I think I will be...

Disrespect from your teen son [ 2 Answers ]

I am a divorced father.I get my kids every weekend.The problem is my 15 yr. old son is becoming very disrespectful to me.When he is home with his mom, she will give him anything he wants and Im not going to hand him everything he wants.What do I do??

Disrespect for the Handicapped [ 6 Answers ]

My mother is wheelchair bound. This is not a small issue, as she is unable to use a walker at this point and weighs around 180 bpounds. My mother is 70 years old and so is my father who cares for her full time. Once a week, my father pays my son to sit for my mother for a full day. She enjoys this...

View more questions Search