Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    solution_seeker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2009, 11:53 AM
    Need to break a lease in NJ as I lost my job
    Hi

I got laid off from my company last week. I live in Parsippany, NJ and have another 5months on my lease.

I am on a H1B visa and the law is that I have to the leave the country within 30 days of my last pay check.

So I am leaving the country in the next 30 days.

What are my options to break the lease without any loss. Because my lease says that I have to pay 2 months rent if I break the lease before the lease period expires.

Please advise what options are available to me?

Thank you.

Sol_seeker.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2009, 11:56 AM

A lease is a contract - if it says you can break the lease by paying an additional 2 months rent, that is what you have to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She wants a break! Lost, confused, sad! [ 285 Answers ]

Hey me and my girlfriend have been going out for just about a year and we love each other very much! Just yesterday she told me that I have become lazy and unexciting... and that she wants a break to have fun and go out with her friends. I used to take her out all the time anywhere she wanted to...

Florida landlord tenant lease. Can I break lease if I [ 3 Answers ]

So everything according to the lease but have tomove out before lease renewal date due to illness? I am disabled in an disabled apartment but my new medical problem gives cause for me to live in a gated, age appropriate setting. My doctor has written a letter stating I must move as soon as the...

Girlfriend is confused and needs space but does not want to break up.I'm lost [ 13 Answers ]

Ok gang, so it was NYE and my girlfriend came over upset about the tanning salon being closed and got more upset by the fact that my friends bailed to go to the bars instead of the party we were going to. My gf's best friend was also driving up for the party and my girlfriend says she either wanted...

Girlfriend wants a break, and I'm so lost [ 2 Answers ]

Here's some background information: My girlfriend and I are both 19, and have been together for two years, since the beginning of senior year in high school. We became "best friends" through playing music together before we actually started dating, we had a lot in common, and things have been...

Can I break a lease with only 2 months left in lease [ 5 Answers ]

I had a leak in my apt which ended up being from the 2nd floor's a.c. it took my landlord 2 weeks to figure out where it was coming from and it was a pretty heavy leak so my walls got pretty flooded. How can I break my lease.. I only have 2 months left and I have mold in my hallways and in my...

View more questions Search