Ask
    modernromance09 Posts: 93, Reputation: -1

Mar 15, 2009, 11:45 AM
    Animal control officer
    How would one go about becoming one?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2009, 11:53 AM

One would go to your Town or County and apply for the job.

In my area they are law enforcement officers and must have a minimum of 2 years of college and pass a background check.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 12:38 PM

Here you can do it with a high school education as a min but many do have 2 year college and some even a 4 year degree.

Many are promoted from within the animal control department, the people who care for the animals and clean the cages.

I some cities they will have to set for a test before being hired.

But you will need to go to your local animal cotrol and put in a application

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I be a police officer or probation officer with criminal background? [ 5 Answers ]

I am currently going to school to get a degree in Criminal Justice. I was looking into different jobs and wanted to know if I could be a police officer or a probation officer with a theft charge and a disorderly conduct charge? Both charges where between the age of 15-17. Thank you for any help !

Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve circuit Malfunction [ 3 Answers ]

p0443 Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve circuit Malfunction on mazda melinia s 1996 83k?what is the next stip? I cleared the check engine light and it went off ,and after 60miles driving it cames back again?why and how can I fix it ? Also what is the cheapest way to reset...

Does swerving to miss an animal constitute Failure to Control you vehicle? [ 3 Answers ]

I was just in a single car accident caused when a large dog ran out into the road while I was going around an "s" curve. I jerked the wheel to avoid the dog. It also happens to be 4 degrees out, and it snowed yesterday. The road was icy, and I lost control. I was sited with Failure to Control. ...

View more questions Search