Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    what a mess Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2009, 10:18 AM
    Judgments
    If a judgment is ordered against me. What will the repercussions be? Such as a lean against my property, garnishment or taking money out of my bank acount and how long will this occur
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2009, 10:26 AM

What can be attached to pay the Judgment depends on your State - different States have different laws.

It will continue in one form or another until the Judgment is paid in full.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 19, 2009, 06:28 AM

A judgement allows the plaintiff to use any means available under local laws to collect the debt. These can include garnishment of salary, attachment of bank accounts, attachment of other assets. Generally your primary residence is safe. Usually creditors will not go after assets that are not easily turned into cash.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MIF Deficiency Judgments [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings! I used to own a property back in I would say 1991-92 which I had rented out. The tenants didn't pay for months, then I received a letter from the bank stating I can save the property from being sold if I paid X amount of dollars by Xdate. At the time it was too late, and couldn't pay...

Judgments against me in Florida [ 1 Answers ]

I have a creditor that has hired a lawyer to come after me for monies owed. I explained I am filing bankruptcy but have not been able to file as I need to pay the balance to the attorney before he will file it. The creditors lawyer said that they will get a judgment against me. When he does obtain...

Judgments and Levys [ 4 Answers ]

I have a judgment against me and I found out the hard way I have a levy on my bank account. My questions are, can a levy be put on a business account that has my name on it? Can a levy be put on a join account? Can a levy be put on a join safety deposit box? Thank you Willie

Collecting a judgments [ 2 Answers ]

HELLO, I like to know if you know of some company that will help me report a "judgment" to the credit bureaus? All answers will be appreciated Thanks

View more questions Search