Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gupygal Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2009, 05:54 AM
    My son steals from us
    My 18 year old son continues to steal from us. When he comes home from school, he snoops through our things, takes any money he can find (believe me there is not alot) and helps himself. We have a coin collection from a passed on family member and we just found items in his room, after going through our things we found multiple coins missing. I feel like he is invading my personal space and I just don't know what to do about it. He has even taken our credit cards, which he uses only for food and things, nothing outrageous, but he still takes it! When I discovered he had my card I told him Iwould report it stolen and have him arrested next time he tried to use it and he didn't use it after that, But then he comes home and helps himself to other things. I just don't know what to do. He has taken money from our walltes, his sister etc... Any advice?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2009, 06:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gupygal View Post
    Any advice?
    Hello gal:

Sure. He's an adult. Put him out!

excon
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2009, 06:34 AM
    I think that he gets away with far too much!
    What have you done to stop him? Tried talking to him, told him what will happen if he doesn't stop stealing from you? If you give him warning that he may have to leave your home then it might be a wake up call.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 15yr old son lies and steals what can I do? [ 3 Answers ]

I am at my wits end and I don't know what else to do. My son is 15yrs old and I don't trust anything he says or does. Does anyone have any suggestions? What else is there to do? I first Love. He's very active. He's seeing a male Pychologists because he manipulates women. I don't know what do...

I have an 8 yr. Old that lies and steals [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have and eight year old boy that lies and steal. I have a 7 year old boy and a 9 year old boy as well and have no problems with them. My son Dylen was very attatched to his dad, (my ex). We separated over six years ago because he was scitzofrinic/bi-polar. He was a danger to society. He has...

Daughter steals [ 11 Answers ]

My 22 year old daughter has moved out and back in 5 times. She can't keep a job. 9 jobs in 4 years. She lies so much I think she believes them herself. I confronted her when I found 2 items I had asked her about a number of times. Too many things to mention. She recently took around $700.00...

My 18 year old steals [ 8 Answers ]

My 18 year old stole a new camara from his sister to give as a gift to someone else. What do I do?

My child steals [ 3 Answers ]

My 12 year old has just been caught stealing from us. My question is, what do I do next and how do I get him to stop.

View more questions Search