Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2009, 09:00 PM
    Internet Explorer 8 Add-Ons Are Disabled
    Hi!

Recently, I went wireless for my Internet connection and downloaded the most current Internet Explorer, Firefox and even Google Chrome. Since downloading Chrome, all of my Internet Explorer 8 add-ons have been disabled.

When I go to manage the add-ons in the box that appears, it says next to every add-on, that they are enabled.

Below, is the error message that I receive when opening Internet Explorer.

Internet Explorer is currently running without add-ons

All Internet Explorer add-ons, such as ActiveX controls or toolbars, are turned off. Some webpages might not display correctly.
    To continue to your home page, click the Home button.
    To browse using add-ons, close Internet Explorer and then start it again.
    Check for the latest Windows updates.

How do browser add-ons affect my browsing experience?
    I don't know how to enable them. I would like to be able to use all of my browsers because there are features in all of them that I like.

I would appreciate any advice that I can get concerning how to enable the add-ons in Internet Explorer 8.

Thanks!
    Nubzor16 Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Mar 13, 2009, 10:24 PM
    Check your shortcut after target is there "-extoff"? If so remove or try running IE from all programs.
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2009, 10:33 PM

I'm not sure what you mean there, Nubzor16. Would you please describe in a little more detail as to what you would like for me to do?

Thanks!
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2009, 04:47 AM

IE 8 is still in its Beta test phase. I use IE 7, so my answers may have limited usefulness.

In IE 7, if you click on Tools | Internet Options, under the Advanced tab there is a "reset" button. I don't know if it's in IE 8, but you should check for it there. If that doesn't work, I would suggest removing IE 8 and reinstalling it. I googled for instances of Chrom damaging IE, but I really found nothing. If you install IE 8 after Chrom, I suspect it may work.
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2009, 03:43 PM

Hi, Perito!

You might be correct and I'll try what you've suggested.

Thanks!
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 03:26 AM

Hi,
    You can enable or manage browser Add-Ons on your computer. Please open up you browser go to tools > internet options > programs > select the manage add-ons and now all the add-ons will display then, you can enable/disable which one you want.
    To know more about please follow this link Internet Explorer 8 Readiness Toolkit
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2009, 03:35 AM

Okay, I'll check that out too, jamesbraken!

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet explorer on xp [ 3 Answers ]

I can't get internet explore to connect everything else connects AOL, etc using wireless on verizon network. Pleasehelp

Internet explorer [ 6 Answers ]

I don`t know what happen , but when I click on internet icon ,the explorer cannot display de webpage

Internet explorer won't connect to the internet [ 5 Answers ]

Internet explorer won't connect to the internet. I know that the connection is fine as Firefox works. I have cable broadband through a wireless connection. When I try to use Explorer it comes up with Internet explorer annot display the webpage. I have tried to look at other threads but can't seem...

Internet OK.just can't get Firefox or internet explorer to work [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have.windows XP.I have d-link wireless for both laptops and netgear for this laptop,other laptop is fine.just can't load up a web page on this laptop.have mozilla Firefox.and internet explorer.I have looked at settings but I not sure what I am looking for, any help would be welcome

View more questions Search