Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonmark222 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2006, 05:09 PM
    Five sacred nourishments - Hazelnuts and ?
    I read on a website about Oregon hazelnuts that :

"A manuscript found in China that dates to 2,838 B.C. mentions hazelnuts as one of the “five sacred nourishments” bestowed by God on humans.

My questions is:

What were the other four Chinese 'sacred nourishments'?

Thanks.

Jonmark222
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2006, 03:04 AM
    Ha, very interesting. I get 120 hits searching “five sacred nourishments” yet only the hazlenut is named.

I did further searching looking for more about this manuscript but the only references I could find were the same sources as above citing this supposed manuscript.

... this leaves me skeptical that such a manuscript even exists. Smells like urban legend to me.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Aug 30, 2006, 04:38 AM
    I would easily guess honey to be on that list, as it is an ancient food with great historical references. Other ancient foods from that area might be rice, tea and wine which clearly has close ties to sacredness. This is all conjecture, of course!
    jonmark222 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2006, 04:49 AM
    "We appreciate feedback: please click the Comment on this Post link, above."

I can't find the "Comment on this Post" link.
    I agree with you Rick... sounds like an urban legend to me. I wonder how much else is inaccurate on the Internet?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2006, 04:57 AM
    Oops... we just changed the link to the feature to "Rate this Answer". Sorry about that.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Aug 30, 2006, 05:34 AM
    Morganite might know, he comes up with some pretty obscure stuff when it comes to religious texts.
    markodavid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2011, 07:51 PM
    I have made a very poor choice in life to plant and cultivate hazelnuts,except for one thing.Hazelnuts as a sacred nourishment is NOT an erbane legend.I am 61 years old and in perfect health.this includes all elements of phy. Being.This Chinese list of food is vague but Hazelnut are first on the list and proved in my life.360-966-7700 Markodavid

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search