Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    a-s-m-i-8-9 Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Mar 13, 2009, 04:20 PM
    I hate my mum and dad
    Hey everybody
    I hate my parents
    Don't be surprised
    Cause if you should be surprised then I hope u'll be because of my mum and dad
    So I'm 19
    I have no boyfriend because I choose to not having one and to avoid problems with my parents I'm a good student
    I don't cause problems
    I'm home before my limit time
    Even though I don't go out so much

They don't let do lots of things I don't know why

So my best friend of 14 years is in another country I haven't seen her in 8 months
    And she invited me to sleep in her family house
    So I went to my mum and asked her and she said to me that I cause so much problems and stuff and when I went to dad he said to me NO outside house
    c'mooooon I'm sad because of them
    I hate them
    And don't say that I'm just mad at them No truly I hate them
    I think they love my brother and sister more than me
    I'm just a leftover to them
    That makes me cry all the time :(:(
    ztealthz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2009, 04:46 PM

Hi, I understand your frustration and do no how you must feel. There surely must be more than that to hate your parents though? As far as I am concerned, you are old enough to make your own decisions and if you are not happy living at home then I would consider talking to your parents first. If this is not possible, I suggest you seek help via. The Citizens Advice Bureau. Please do not do anything too rash until you have had the opportunity of seeking help from people that may have the experience and will be able to advise you accordingly. Wish you all the best - Chaz

Mar 13, 2009, 04:49 PM

Thank you chaz
    I just have to say I'm not american
    Here things are different
    We don't leave home at 18
    And if I said this to anyone here
    They might say ( no they are your parents it's for your best interest)
    tammerzrocks777 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Mar 15, 2009, 11:44 AM

I think that you need to talk to your parents and if they don't listen than you should make your own decision... maybe all you need is to move out. It sounds like you are responsible... so why not give it a try being in charge of yourself. I am no professional this is just what I did with my controlling parents. I moved out on my own and have been making my own decisions since. There is nothing wrong with having a little independence. It's ultimately up to you what you do all everyone else can do is give advice.
    Diehardrocks92 Posts: 24, Reputation: 3

Mar 15, 2009, 12:00 PM

I understand the feeling my mam favors my sister over me you should tell them what your feeling and if they dont listen make them and if living there becomes impossible your 19 now your adult move out and do wants est for you and your mental help and dont always work towards what your parents want xx
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 12:08 PM

Often children don't understand caring and concern and protection as love. Parents who don't love would ot care what you do

Mar 15, 2009, 07:13 PM

Diehardrocks92 you are Sooo Right thanks for explaining what I meant

Like I said I'm Not American
    In Our Country We don't move out
    We just stay in our parents house
    And now I'm studying in another city but my father works here too Soo..
    Diehardrocks92 Posts: 24, Reputation: 3

Mar 15, 2009, 07:19 PM
    yea well you'll just have to work something out that works for everyone and keeps you all happy xx

Jan 13, 2010, 11:48 AM
    Askmehelpdesk
    I hate my father
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2010, 12:52 PM

Do you have a question?

You need to provide more information.

Feb 18, 2010, 01:57 PM

He always want to keep me with him living with him in my mum
    I just want to go outside my city
    Go be on my own
    But they won't

Feb 18, 2010, 01:59 PM

He always want to keep me with him living with him in my mum
    I just want to go outside my city
    Go be on my own
    But they won't
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Feb 18, 2010, 03:10 PM

I don't know where you are, but you seem to lack maturity in my opinion.

At 19 years old, you shouldn't 'hate' your parents, you should be past that stage in my opinion. Instead, you should be able to sit down with them, and discuss what you see as an imbalance in your relationships.

You want more freedom, they want to keep you where you are. They probably don't understand why you need your independence, anymore than you understand their need to keep it from you.

Please try to talk to them as an adult. Maybe get an aunt, or grandparent, brother or sister, to sit in and help negotiate some understanding.

Being resentful will blind you from trying other ways to communicate, and you may surprise yourself and actually be heard.
    rubyGM Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Feb 19, 2010, 05:17 PM

That sucks but you should provide more info on why they treat you badly or why they favor your sister and brother.

I come from a abusive home and I can understand why you might hate your parents. But at age 19 you should try to be more independent and try living on your own. It seems like that is the only way they will get off your back. Plus you get to see things through a new perspective and maybe you will understand why they do the things they do. Till then cheer up and try finding your independence. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I hate myself.I hate my work but have no other option.what should I do? [ 14 Answers ]

I hate myself.I hate my work but have no other option. People near me are OK but are always either scared or are in an licking state. I hate the environment. I can't quit because I hate to learn and what I know is not good enough. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee tell me what shoul I do! anyone!

Does my dad hate me? [ 16 Answers ]

I feel like everything I do is wrong! I can't do anything right. Its like whatever I do I'm never going to be good enough for my dad. He never notices anything I do right but when I do something wrong he goes crazy. I no your probably going to say he's my dad he must love me but he dosen't....

Hate the way I am. [ 7 Answers ]

OK... this is a problem with myself and my feelings towards everybody. I am a normal person, I have friends, and I live a normal life. The thing is, I am such a heartless person, hate overwhelms me every time that's my main problem. I can't love people, there's like only 5 people from all of my...

I hate myself [ 3 Answers ]

I hate living and no one wants me around and the only thing I'm good at is work and for money my parents want to kick me out and I the told me they wish I was dead my ex girlfriend is making my life a living hell and she makes me feel like I can't do anything and none of my famil wants me to move...

View more questions Search