Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj3 View Post
    You mean the one that I answered in post #34.
    Now please move forward to #38.
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2009, 04:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    So you, good Christian that you profess to be, reach down and scoop up a handful of mud to fling right back? Good advertising!
    I scooped no mud. I was merely defending myself. But I note that you want to keep it going with a little mud of your own.

I never understood why people see the need to move off the topic to the person when someone disagrees.

You had the audacity to go back and look for it and then post while I posted with the information.
    Huh?? Somehow going back to find the post # is a crime??
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 05:00 PM
    Huh??? Somehow going back to find the post # is a crime????
    I was being helpful. You always (always!! ) ask the other person to go back to say what and where the question was.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 05:01 PM

#38 please?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 05:01 PM

Tom, Tom, Tom, aren't you getting tired of this, I know I am, as are others. Please, just answer the question already and stop sidetracking by posting the usual "false accusations, hijacking, blah, blah, blah" spiel that you always post when you don't have an answer.

Come on Tom, you claim to have a point, so post it.

As for slinging mud, aren't you, a Christian, supposed to turn the other cheek?
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2009, 05:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Tom, Tom, Tom, aren't you getting tired of this, I know I am, as are others. Please, just answer the question already and stop sidetracking by posting the usual "false accusations, hijacking, blah, blah, blah" spiel that you always post when you don't have an answer.

Come on Tom, you claim to have a point, so post it.

As for slinging mud, aren't you, a Christian, supposed to turn the other cheek?
    Come on Alty, as I remember it, the mud was coming from you. Why don't you just get back on topic?
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2009, 05:14 PM
    I was being helpful. You always (always!!!) ask the other person to go back to say what and where the question was.
    As did I when I told you where my answer was. So why was my helpfulness a crime?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 05:14 PM
    Come on Alty, as I remember it, the mud was coming from you. Why don't you just get back on topic?
    Here's your chance -- post 38.
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2009, 05:19 PM
    #38 please?
    Didn't see #38 before - probably because of all the mud flying in between.

The answer is that simply because someone believes something does not make it true. There are many people who are sincere, but can be sincerely wrong. Some groups add to what the Bible says, others subtract from it, some simply bend scripture to their own interpretation. Scripture says that we are not to interpret it.

Even amongst denominations that are sound, it is important to understand what the leadership of individual churches teach, because they may differ on important areas. Other differences are not on the essentials of the gospel but on other matters, which should not be a matter for division.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 05:21 PM
    Didn't see #38 before - probably because of all the mud flying in between.

The answer is that simply because someone believes something does not make it true. There are many people who are sincere, but can be sincerely wrong. Some groups add to what the Bible says, others substract from it, some simply bend scripture to their own interpretation. Scripture says that we are not to interpret it.

Even amongst denominations that are sound, it is important to understand what the leadership of individual churches teach, because they may differ on important areas. Other differences are not on the essentials of the gospel but on other matters, which should not be a matter for division.
    So there's no hope to find the "right" church. Or is there such a thing? If so, which one(s)?
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2009, 05:22 PM
    So there's no hope to find the "right" church. Or is there such a thing? If so, which one(s)?
    A perfect one? No, it does not exist because perfect people don't exist.

Good churches? Yes they do exist.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 15, 2009, 05:25 PM
    This is also what I would like Tom to clarify for us! Please do Tom!
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2009, 05:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8 View Post
    This is also what I would like Tom to clarify for us! Please do Tom!
    I did - see my last post.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 05:28 PM

The answer is that simply because someone believes something does not make it true
    Exactly, so it is just belief, not fact. Thank you for finally confirming that.

There are many people who are sincere, but can be sincerely wrong. Some groups add to what the Bible says, others subtract from it, some simply bend scripture to their own interpretation.
    Again, so true. That is my experience with everyone I've ever met. Of course there is no way to avoid that, everyone who reads a book interprets it differently, therein lies the problem. One persons interpretation is not anothers, so where is the truth?

This is the problem I have with organized relgion, one mans interpretation of the bible. Who's to say that one person is right, the other wrong? No one has that right.
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2009, 05:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Again, so true. That is my experience with everyone I've ever met. Of course there is no way to avoid that, everyone who reads a book interprets it differently, therein lies the problem. One persons interpretation is not anothers, so where is the truth?
    You hit the nail on the head. Private interpretation. Something that the Bible warns against.

2 Peter 1:19-21
    20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
    NKJV
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2009, 05:50 PM

Any written work is interpreted by the mind reading it. In order to understand what is being said, personal interpretation must come into play. How can one not interpret the Bible?
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2009, 05:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by simoneaugie View Post
    Any written work is interpreted by the mind reading it. In order to understand what is being said, personal interpretation must come into play.
    That is an assumption. If I said "The Sky is Blue" - explain to me how you interpret that?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 05:56 PM

Closed, lasted longer than I guess it would

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What Does It Take To Be A Christian? [ 60 Answers ]

What Does It Take To Be A Christian? So many churches say different things, And I want to know what your opinion is.

Not PC to be Christian? [ 17 Answers ]

I've noticed among a lot of my friends that it just doesn't seem to be Politically Correct to be Christian. I've got a pretty ethnically diverse friend group even. I know some Hindu believers, a Buddhist, Scientologist family, and several aethiests. It just seems like their more willing to...

What Is Being a Christian? [ 3 Answers ]

I can't seem to understand the different denominations of Christianity. I would like to able to catagorize what I believe in. I believe in God, But I don't think that religion has to be learned in a church. Also I Don't believe God has expectations in what we must do in our lifes and that we can...

Christian [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I am Mich3. I was looking for a Christian page. Is there one here?

View more questions Search