Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2009, 03:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Tom, stop it! You cannot give a reddie for someone else's opinion, no matter what you believe. Neither Simone or myself stated anything that was factually incorrect, we stated our opinions.
    Alty, read again. That was the reason that it was given. This is the second time that it has been explained to you. Please read what was said.

You can disagree, but not with a reddie. Those are the rules, everyone must abide by them, even you.
    And you - this thread is not the place for a discussion such as this.

Back to the topic please.
    Yes, please.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 15, 2009, 03:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj3 View Post
    Alty, read again. That was the reason that it was given. This is the second time that it has been explained to you. Please read what was said.

And you - this thread is not the place for a discussion such as this.
    Who is it that gave you're the authority to delegate where this thread should be I ask?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2009, 03:52 PM
    According to the Bible, it is a person who has received Jesus (The true Jesus found in the Bible) as their Lord and Saviour and thus has the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
    Tj3, is this what you meant? If someone does not believe that what is written in the Bible is their ultimate truth, then their disagreement with your opinion in the reputation area is accurate. Although the site rules do not specifically cover the fact that many do not take the Bible at face value. Whether a person believes it or not is just an opinion.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 03:57 PM

I suggest we ignore him and his ramblings unless he decides to play nice, abide by the rules of the site and have a civilized conversation about the topic.

Sadly it probably won't happen, it would be a first for Tom. Even though he clearly went against site rules, he won't listen to us, we're women, not religious, we're the enemy to him.

But I digress. Let's get back to the topic, despite Tom and his revenge reddies. :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 04:01 PM
    Alty, if you had read what I said, you would have seen that is exactly why it was given. Odd that you ignore others who do give reddies for opinion only. I hope that you will take that opportunity now to read what I wrote.
    I read what you said. So if organized religion is wrong, then what?
    Pets Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 04:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by simoneaugie View Post
    Tj3, is this what you meant? If someone does not believe that what is written in the Bible is their ultimate truth, then their disagreement with your opinion in the reputation area is accurate. Although the site rules do not specifically cover the fact that many do not take the Bible at face value. Whether a person believes it or not is just an opinion.
    Had to spread the rep, I agree Simone. Just because someone believes something doesn't make it fact or truth, it is still opinion.

Maybe we need to give an example so that Tom is clear on what is and isn't allowed.

If someone says : The gestation period for a human being is 6 months, then you can give a reddie, that information is factually incorrect, not a belief or an opinion.

If someone says: I think that blondes are sexier then red heads, you cannot give a disagree even if you personally believe that red heads are sexier. This is an opinion, not factually incorrect.

Do you understand Tom?
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2009, 04:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8 View Post
    Who is it that gave your the authority to delegate where this thread should be I ask?
    The same authority that you have to deviate from the thread to discuss this.
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2009, 04:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I read what you said. So if organized religion is wrong, then what?
    I would not say that all organized religion is wrong.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 04:06 PM
    I would not say that all organized religion is wrong.
    Then which ones are right?
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 15, 2009, 04:17 PM
    The same authority that you have to deviate from the thread to discuss this.
    So you are telling me, that this is all right for you to do and not me?---says the one with over 2000 posts and his original greenie square. I was answering a question in response to your reply. I'm not here to argue, only to point out that people have their opinions, and I don't see where you have the right to tell people under what forum they are allowed to post their questions. I am no longer going to involve myself in a conversation that it seems someone is on another bashing mission. Again, the reason I don't belong to a church or any organized religion. This is the reason that so many people will not take part. Congrats! You've just reaffirmed my standing on this subject. You've kept one more person out of the church. God must be proud.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 04:22 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Alty
    I agree Wondergirl, but there are also benefits to worshipping at home without outside influence.
    For the past 24+ years I have worked in an increasingly culturally diverse community of immigrants -- Japanese, Chinese, Filipinos, Eastern Europeans, Greeks, Indians, Pakistani -- who profess different religions from the Christianity that used to be the norm. Because of many discussions with them, not only have I learned a lot but also have developed a great respect for the truths that surround their lives. When I was growing up in a white-bread world, our pastors would fill us in on what non-Christians from other countries believe. There was them with what they thought was truth, and there was us with the Real Truth. Now I'm not so sure. We all are closer with our truths than I could ever have imagined.
    Pets Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 04:25 PM
    For the past 24+ years I have worked in an increasingly culturally diverse community of immigrants -- Japanese, Chinese, Filipinos, Eastern Europeans, Greeks, Indians, Pakistani -- who profess a different religion from the Christianity that used to be the norm. Because of many discussions with them, not only have I learned a lot but also have developed a great respect for the truths that surround their lives. When I was growing up in a hwite-brad world, our pastors would fill us in on what non-Christians from other countries believe. There was them with what they thought was truth, and there was us with the Real Truth. Now I'm not so sure. We all are closer with our truths than I could ever have imagined.
    And that is the ultimate truth. :)
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2009, 04:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8 View Post
    So you are telling me, that this is alright for you to do and not me?---says the one with over 2000 posts and his original greenie square. I was answering a question in reponse to your reply. I'm not here to argue, only to point out that people have their opinions, and I don't see where you have the right to tell people under what forum they are allowed to post their questions.
    You can post where you please. But Alty decided to sidetrack by posting false accusations against me and deciding to discuss the rules on a thread about a completely different topic. That was my point.
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2009, 04:35 PM
    Then which ones are right?
    I hold that God alone is our standard of truth in doctrine. Others, be they organizations or individuals are right insofar as they are in alignment with God's word. I do not hold any organized religion to be a standard of right and wrong.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 04:36 PM
    You can post where you please. But Alty decided to sidetrack by posting false accusations against me and deciding to discuss the rules on a thread about a completely different topic. That was my point.
    Give it up, Tom, and answer my question please.
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2009, 04:37 PM
    Give it up, Tom, and answer my question please.
    Answer what question? BTW, I was answering a different question in this response, in case you did not notice.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 04:41 PM
    Answer what question? BTW, I was answering a different question in this response, in case you did not notice.
    No, you weren't. You were winding up for another mud-slinging contest. There is no other question directed to you besides mine in post #29.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 04:42 PM
    I hold that God alone is our standard of truth in doctrine. Others, be they organizations or individuals are right insofar as they are in alignment with God's word. I do not hold any organized religion to be a standard of right and wrong.
    Who then determines that they are in alignment with God's Word?

***ADDED: The Baptists believe they are in alignment, as do the Lutherans, the Catholics, the Greek Orthodox, the Mormons, the JWs...
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2009, 04:44 PM
    No, you weren't. You were winding up for another mud-slinging contest.
    No just dealing with the mud-slinging started by Alty and aided and abetted by others. Hopefully they have it out of their system now.

There is no other question directed to you besides mine in post #29.
    You mean the one that I answered in post #34.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 04:47 PM
    No just dealing with the mud-slinging started by Alty and aided and abetted by others. Hopefully they have it out of their system now.
    So you, good Christian that you profess to be, reach down and scoop up a handful of mud to fling right back? Good advertising!

You mean the one that answered in post #34.
    You had the audacity to go back and look for it and then post while I posted with the information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What Does It Take To Be A Christian? [ 60 Answers ]

What Does It Take To Be A Christian? So many churches say different things, And I want to know what your opinion is.

Not PC to be Christian? [ 17 Answers ]

I've noticed among a lot of my friends that it just doesn't seem to be Politically Correct to be Christian. I've got a pretty ethnically diverse friend group even. I know some Hindu believers, a Buddhist, Scientologist family, and several aethiests. It just seems like their more willing to...

What Is Being a Christian? [ 3 Answers ]

I can't seem to understand the different denominations of Christianity. I would like to able to catagorize what I believe in. I believe in God, But I don't think that religion has to be learned in a church. Also I Don't believe God has expectations in what we must do in our lifes and that we can...

Christian [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I am Mich3. I was looking for a Christian page. Is there one here?

View more questions Search