Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2009, 08:54 AM

Hello again, A:

Couple things:

Mexicans don't come here for the welfare. They come here to work. In fact, they have income tax deducted from their paychecks, but they can't file for a refund like you do. So, they pay MORE in taxes than their share.

Mexicans aren't lazy people. In fact, they're no different than you, all sitting up there on your high horse...

Let me ask you this. Let's say you're a Mexican whose family is starving. You get right up to that line in the desert, and you look across and see a help wanted sign. Are you going to tell me that you're NOT going to cross that line because it's against the law??

Nahh. You're not going to tell me that. You're going to GET that job, aren't you?

The other thing is about drugs. Drugs aren't OK, but that's a SOCIAL problem - not a WE'RE NOT Going to HELP FEED YOUR CHILDREN PROBLEM.

In this country, we ARE going to help them feed their children.

excon
    ANB428 Posts: 450, Reputation: 42

Mar 20, 2009, 09:34 AM

I totally understand what you mean about how Mexicans are hard workers. A lot of them work harder than white and blacks combined. They do bust their a$$es, I am not talking bad about them at all. I am talking about the illegals that are on welfare, because we do have them. I am not talking about the ones who come here to better their lives.

And I am totally not sitting on my high horse. I bust my a$$ more than anyone I know. I work two jobs and go to school full-time and raise my daughter on my own no help from ANYONE else. My dad is dead and my mom lives in a different state than me. I live paycheck to paycheck and am still barely able to survive. I am not sitting there thinking that I am better than anyone else. I know how hard it is to kick drugs, I have been there and done that and did it for my daughter. I was one of those people who sat on their butts and abused the system, now 4 years later, I am a totally different person and if I would have never left California, where I was getting everything handed to me, then I wouldn't be where I am now. I look at the life I used to have and the one that I have now and if a mandatory drug test was given to me when I was on welfare then it wouldn't have taken me that long to get off the drugs. I wasted a year of my life doing nothing and getting things for free from the government and all it did was enable me to live that kind of life and not better myself. I recgonized that and did something about it and knew that I had too much potential to do nothing with my life. Other people do not. They will sit there and take advantage of the system as long as they can. If someone continues to stay on drugs, eventually they will get busted and go to jail and their kids will get taken away. Then what about the children? Their in the system, a better place to be than living with a parent who is on drugs. My daughter's father was a child that was raised in a welfare family. His mom moved from state to state and get assistance in every state (she is the one who introduced welfare to me), she showed me first hand how to get over on the system and how easy it was because she did it her whole life. She has been in and out of jail, on drugs, worked for awhile and then would quit to stay on the welfare system. It is amazing how much of a scam artist she was. Both of her sons are now drug addicts and abuse the system because that is all they ever knew how to do because the mother was the one who was supposed to be their example and this is what they learned. The cycle just repeats itself. It is people like her that abuse the system that need to be stopped. I know tons of other people who do the same thing that she did. The cycle needs to end. I am not talking about the people who want to better their lives. Again I am saying that if you are on welfare, you should have to pass a drug test. You are going to have to at some point or another to get a job, so why not start there?

And about the drugs being a social problem, I totally agree. They are going to help you feed your children, that is the problem, some people aren't feeding their children with the assistance, they are feeding their drug dealers children. There are free drug rehabs and free counseling programs that can help a person get off drugs. If you want help to better your life you can't be on drugs and accomplish that. The whole point of welfare is to do that. This is what needs to change, people who are on drugs can't adequately take care of their children anyway, in my opinion. So, why do they need to have them. All they are doing is setting a bad example and make it exceptable to be on drugs. Again, the cycle then repeats itself. So who is the one really suffering from all of this? The children. So, either way the children suffer. The government should me really worried about today's generation and the number of parents who are rasing children while being on drugs. I don't know if you have seen it, but there are drugs everywhere now adays and children are seeing their parents do them and they think that it is okay to do them. Again the cycle repeats itself. It is a sad sad situation. Maybe drug testing before receiving welfare would benefit more children and actually give them a real shot at life instead of a messed up one because their parents cared more about their drug than them.

AGAIN I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT EVERYONE WHO IS ON WELFARE, I AM TALKING ABOUT THE ONES WHO ARE ON DRUGS AND ABUSE THE SYSTEM. I understand that people need help and I amn sure that the people who really need the help would be able to pass a drug test.
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2009, 11:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Mexicans don't come here for the welfare. They come here to work. In fact, they have income tax deducted from their paychecks, but they can't file for a refund like you do. So, they pay MORE in taxes than their share.
    The other reason they come here as do the Puerto Ricans and they are part of the U.S. is because of the excellent heath care professionals. It be publicly noted that some hospitals had to all but shut there doors because of the huge amount of Mexicans coming here to have babies, Which in turn makes the child in some cases Mexican/American to be politically correct. I work with most all cultures and the Mexicans can out do most all Puerto Ricans, blacks and many times the white Amerciano. The joke being I tell My Puerto Ricans friends Be careful. If the Mexicans start showing up in your area they WILL take many jobs from you and us in low level jobs because of how hard they work.

Lets touch on what's reallying bothering many U.S. citizens. Its only identifiable because how a person looks is skin color and how they live here. It's the trash that comes along with the outside cultures. The crime right behind that, etc. Its about losing our streets and block after block to a culture that doesn't want to follow our rules nor wants to live as the U.S. citizens in general for the past 200+ years of safe streets law abiding citizens per capita as it was in the 20s 50, 70s, I DON"T want My country to look like Mexico, Puerto Rico. Africa etc. I want to see clean streets, Not drive into a town and all of a sudden its a panoramic picture of the bad part of another country. How ironic the cultures see our pictures of this country and what clean towns we have left and the WANT to live here to enjoy that. BUT there culture of bad habits. "TRASH blowing in the streets is just the start. It seems they don't understand the basic U.S. Does NOT want that on the get go. Then you go to south California and many areas you do NOT want to put out the Amercing Flag. So lets get to the other reasons we want to change Welfare practices. The latter to many tomes goes hand and hand with the trash/crime/drugs.

When this county started its industrial revolution there was more practiced religion. Hard working Italians/Gels/ Greeks/ English/ etc. There was Very few places that looked like a 2nd or third world country. Lets line up ALL if welfare people and see what we see. Now compare that to per size of race and culture and visually see who in scale is on the system.

Welfare if the current trend is kept will BANKRUPT the U.S. if not controlled better and keep at the current status quo. I have no problem with it not being abused in the scale it is now.
    You think we are in trouble Now! Wait in 10 to 15 years from now. Mathematically it will be impossible to support it.

The residuals from welfare is also so impacting in education and crime and trash now We are losing here people. We are looking so much like a 3rd world country in our cities its disgusting. If I wanted it like Mexico I will MOVE there or Puerto Rico or Africa. I don't care if all of us had the same skin color. I still don't want my country to be lose so much of the good it had to offer to live in and support way to many lazies we have now. Especially since more than ever then Hard working end of the cultures need our help now more then ever.

I'm a little of an expert on how welfare effects a town and how quick that can change a city. My city of 55,000 has more Puerto Ricans then ANY state in the U.S. per capita. Ive first hand seen the devastating effects of welfare and how that residual can kill a city!! You should see My how my city TAXES changes from year to year because of NON productive people not working there and paying city and county taxes out of their OWN earned paycheck. I also spend a good part of the year working in construction in Puerto Rico for over 20 years. Constantly see the welfare and Social security abuse there. You think the states are bad HUH. Basically the whole island is a welfare island in all practically. So as far as I'm concerned I'm as close to an expert between the city I live in the states and My other home In Puerto Rico. MANY times I would like to make a documentary and show the States the theft of the system. And then a documentary of the States to show completely how BIG the problem is. BILLIONS!!

Signed 21 Boat

If I Helped To Answer Your Question Please Rate My Answer
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2009, 04:38 PM

How ironic is this since yesterdays post

Today in the news paper Puerto Rico and the same thing going on in the states. Basically buy population its about equal in population form the island and the states.

Quote form today's paper Puerto Rico Daily sun page 15 under voices.

Whats going on?

I just visited P.R. and I have some questions I need answered

What is going on in P.R. when it comes to Social Security disability? I met some of my family members and I could not believe they are all on disability. In one family. All of them were on disability. I was told” there bones ached” Disability for aching bones, that's absurd.

I met a man while dancing at a club in San Juan , he too in on disability.He also had a handicap parking pass-which he refers to as his parking pass. I was totally appalled-I work very hard and I cannot believe these people are milking the system

So Obama and the liberals are adding to what here??

Again I will keep posting facts and current publications as to how far the welfare and Assistance / Social Security is screwed up and abused!!

Signed 21 Boat

If I Helped To Answer Your Question Please Rate My Answer
    ANB428 Posts: 450, Reputation: 42

Mar 24, 2009, 07:51 AM

Another ironic situation is how President Obama's aunt is facing deportation for being in here illegally. And she has been on housing for a while now. I just read it on CNN. This is exactly what I stated previously about the illegal immigrants that come to the US and get a free ride.
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2009, 07:49 PM
    Another ironic situation is how President Obama's aunt is facing deportation for being in here illegally. And she has been on housing for a while now. I just read it on CNN. This is exactly what I stated previously about the illegal immigrants that come to the US and get a free ride.
    So how do the liberals explain that!! Hush hush Is not an explanation. Obama is going to open the gates more you watch. Obamas relations don't see to respect our laws...
    So is this a family mindset. How can Obama not be embarrassed?? And at least set a president that the U.S. is serious about our laws and illegal passage into this COUNTRY!

Let me guess??

He's only the president for the liberals and not for all of us...

I see they really get scare when the facts come out when repubclians post here.

All talk and can't back it up. Only pick an area the is gray enough for them to wiggle in or out.
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2009, 09:11 PM

Mexicans aren't lazy people. In fact, they're no different than you, all sitting up there on your high horse...

Let me ask you this. Let's say you're a Mexican whose family is starving. You get right up to that line in the desert, and you look across and see a help wanted sign. Are you going to tell me that you're NOT going to cross that line because it's against the law???
    (Mexicans don't come here for the welfare. They come here to work. )

I will address this and clarify it better.

They are coming form a country that there education there is terrible. So what's the chance here of them becoming a society of recognition to be professionals and a mixed inner culture of labors and collage grads and be a big plus for this country. About zip

And don't say it's a culture problem etc. Since Obama was elected the last Racial excuse is now GONE forever here...

So what are the Mexicans choices here

Labors working under the table for less and now and taking the pay scale DOWN . ( Now my kids that paid there dues and want to start a life can't find a BASIC job to start life unless they want to live like Mexicans due here to get By. )
    OR
    Paying taxes from Laborer wages and barely making it and needs food stamps and free Medical care to get by.
    OR
    Going on welfare food stamps SSI etc.

So what is your ratio here before this ruins and bankrupts this Country even MORE. So what are you going to tell the next generation about your idealistic Stewardship of this Country?? Sorry the U.S. was the richest/ Most culture educated place in the free world, but we gave the farm away because we couldn't do simple math. Now U.S. citizens needs to cross a border because WE are starving and look too much like Mexico and Africa With disease from malnutrition.

Where do We RUN?? Besides from bad neighbor hood to bad neighborhood?

So Excon you think because they walk here and is "starving" as you put it (which that is not as big as you make it sound) That we should LIFT the gate. So why stop there Lets invite the rest of Africa and see how that works out. So what's the logic here you are selective only for the Mexicans??

The basic reasons they are hungry people is the Government where they come from is so screwed up
    OR
    They are having more babies then the infrastructure can handle.
    OR
    They are so uneducated they become stuck in the 2nd and 3rd world ways and have a serious problem adjusting here and making that Jump/leap ti live in a 1st world society.

So to many revert back to there habits and mentality of the 2nd /3rd place they came from. So its Future Shock to them and reverting back to there world in mind of basic survival and take whatever, Steel whatever. And abuse Whatever. And don't twist that around and say "What, like thats not capitalism or not done daily here" No

As it stands now and if things like the Educational problem gets worse in the U.S of people that have been here since the beginning . We are not very far from a 1/3 of a culture in jail. 1/3 of the same Culture on Welfare and 1/3 of the same culture working. THIS is how serious education is here. So how many Wernher von Braun's and educated Mexicans are crossing the Borders?? Add the that the above statement of another culture being the 1/3

So with your attitude we WILL eventually be like Mexico and AFRICA and other countries that can't feed their own people.

So have you thought very far with this? Apparently Not... Genocide for the USA
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2009, 06:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 21boat View Post
    (Mexicans don't come here for the welfare. They come here to work. )I will address this and clarify it better.

They are coming form a country that there education there is terrible. So whats the chance here of them becoming a society of recognition to be professionals and a mixed inner culture of labors and collage grads and be a big plus for this country. About zip
    Hello again, boat:

I don't think you clarified it. You just put your racist spin on it... You think they're coming here to be recognized?? To be processionals?? Nahhh. They're coming here to make your bed, wash your dishes, and pick your lettuce.

That's really all.

Most of your post is based upon your racist views about Mexicans, and I can't address that stuff. You think they're here TAKING from us. I believe they're here GIVING to us. You believe the right wing talking points about this stuff. I believe the truth. I don't know why you don't like Mexicans or think so badly of their culture. But, that's not the point.

The point is, for 50 years we looked the other way when they were coming here to work. Then some high minded people decided we shouldn't do that, and throw the 25 million or so, of them, and their children OUT.

I'm just suggesting that there is a better way to solve the situation.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search