Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blondycutegirl Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2009, 01:39 PM
    Home-Based Business or Work on a Dependent Visa
    Hi,

I want to know if I can work from home having a dependent visa? Will that affect me in any way in future?

Please help.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2009, 01:08 AM

Hi, blondycutegirl!

Since your question is much more about that which concerns immigration law, I've moved it out of Home-Based Business to this forum topic are where it will be more likely to get noticed by and receive the attention of our Immigration Experts.

Thanks!
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Mar 14, 2009, 11:23 AM

It depends on your dependent visa and whether it qualfies for an EAD and if you have the EAD.

If you don't, you are not authorized to work in the US, either for an employer or self-employed. The definition you can use for employment is "compensable services." so you can invest, but cannot work.
    blondycutegirl Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2009, 12:19 PM

Thank you so much. But is there a way to work from home by accepting cash? I guess, if I get any paystubs that's the problem though, but is it OK to work for cash?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2009, 12:49 PM

Not without the EAD (emplyment authorization) as DCcityboy said, working for cash is the same as working for a company on salary. If your dependent visa does not have EAD you can apply for it but if you don't get it you can't work (legally)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I start an llc over here while a dependent on my parents business visa [ 9 Answers ]

Hi I'm looking to start a business in atlanta part time when I emigrate there this summer. I will be on my parents business visa and I'm looking to start a music production company and music publishing company while I'm over there. Possibly llc. Obviosly ill be a resident but not a citizen and...

Home based business [ 8 Answers ]

I am interested in doing one of them PT and wanted to know if there are any legitimate ones if you know out there.

Home-based business [ 1 Answers ]

What ID numbers do I need to start my home-based business?

At home data entry jobs or home based business [ 0 Answers ]

Come April 8,2007 I will be laid off from my job and wanted to know if any of these free data entry jobs are legitimate or home bases business are worth doing. If so, where can I find them? Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

View more questions Search