Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ljoseph Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2009, 11:00 AM
    Salaried Employee
    I am a Manager am salaried, I started on in January took a pre-scheduled vacation at the end of "January." I also work 75 hours a "week." My employer paid me my regular salary for the next two pay "periods." On the third pay period he decided to dock me for 5 "days." I had worked 40 hours on the week before I went left 60 hours on the week "after." Is it legal for him to do this?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2009, 07:18 AM

It is difficult if not impossible to answer this question because of the quotes - when you say "week" do you mean week or is that some sort of quasi-week?

Did you have an agreement to be paid for your vacation? If you are a Manager in most jobs you are NOT entitled to overtime - if that is your other question.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 14, 2009, 04:56 PM

Normally a salaried employee gets the same amount of money each week regardless.

But taking a vacation so soon after starting, this should have been addressed prior to starting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salaried employee [ 5 Answers ]

If I am a salaried employee how many hours can I be made to work during a 24 hour period, and how long of a lunch break am I entitled too?

No pay as a salaried employee [ 4 Answers ]

I am a salaried employee and am entitled to 2 weeks. Vacation and 5 personal/sick days. I am required to work overtime without pay. I recent just came off an illness in which I missed 12 of my 15 vac./personal days. I was told I could lose those days, or not take the pay. However, I will have...

Salaried Employee [ 2 Answers ]

Are salaried employees required to complete a timesheet

Salaried employee [ 1 Answers ]

I accepted a salaried position with a six day work week. Although I am employed by the same owner as other managers, I am the only Manager working at a retail store. The other Managers work in the Corporate Office, unrelated to my position. All Managers are required to work 6 days but...

View more questions Search