Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nc1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2009, 10:42 AM
    Cats keep in the front and back of my house
    For the about 2 months I have had about 5 different cats in the front of my house and the back of my house. They keep looking through my windows. When they are at the front of my house they sit on my step and meoaw at me. They have tried to get in my house as well.

Is there a reason for this...
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 13, 2009, 10:42 AM

Do you have a cat?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 13, 2009, 10:44 AM

They are probably hungry. My front door has a sign above it, visible only to stray/feral cats: FREE FOOD!
    Akoue Posts: 1,098, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2009, 12:26 PM

For stray cats to try to enter an unfamiliar house most likely means that they are desperate for food and shelter and safety. Have you thought about taking some of them in? You could do a lot of good, and dramatically improve a lot of lives, if you did.
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Mar 13, 2009, 01:34 PM
    When did you move in? If the answer is "two months ago", they might have been the former owner/renter's cats. Lots of people move and turn their animals out when they leave.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dogs/cats in house fire [ 2 Answers ]

Here is a kit that can be ordered for free from the ASpCA.ASPCA: Free Pet Rescue Sticker I have these stickers on both the front and back door of my home. The reason for writing this post is there was a fire on my street today. These people owned a cat... the house 30 feet to the left has a dog....

5 Cats = smelly house [ 3 Answers ]

HELP! HELP! I have five cats who are all indoor cats. They had a bedroom dedicated to their food and litter boxes. I have two air fresheners in this room, keep up with their litter daily and yet when you walk into the house all you smell is CATS!! Is there an air freshener that I can use...

House cats [ 9 Answers ]

Hi , I was just wondering if anyone can help me with a question about my house cats, now I have had these cats since they were kittens and they grew up together, they have all there shots and are both fixed, they are 2 females and they are inside cats, they do not go outside, now I left for work...

Cats under my house [ 3 Answers ]

My neighbor has 10 cats (at the least). During the winter most of them take shelter under my house at which time they claw at the duct work and destry most of it. I just had the duct work fixed and new heating/air systems put in this past fall and had hoped that the electricians would have closed...

View more questions Search