Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hoges Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2009, 03:43 AM
    Keyboard displays different symbols
    Hi When I try and type @ this symbol " is displayed instead on my new laptop "

It is not a hardware problem I am using wiindows xp home I have tried changing regional settings but this does not fix the problem I am in Australia Can anyone please help
    /
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 13, 2009, 04:05 AM
    This IS related to the regional settings.
    There's about 4 different places you need to check to make sure it says Australia.
    You also need to make sure the keyboard is mapped correctly to UK QWERTY and NOT USA.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keyboard reading wrong symbols [ 1 Answers ]

Using shift and @ actually gets me the " symbol @ is found by shifting and 2, also have no pound sign, can someone help it drives me nuts!!

Symbols type vs numbers on the keyboard [ 17 Answers ]

It appears that something has locked my keyboard so when I use the numbers above the letters all I get are the symbols.

Keyboard typing wrong symbols [ 3 Answers ]

I Have a sony vaio laptop I no about the num lock and things but I have another prob when I want to type the @ symbol I have to hit shift + 2 to get it up it's the wrong way around any ideads??

Keyboard Some keys typing the wrong symbols [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having trouble with my keyboard. I think it happened when I installed the keyboard but some symbols type different to what's on the key. Can you help?

Keyboard Some keys typing wrong symbols [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, The @ is where the " is and vise versa. The # is at the backstroke key and I haven't been able to find where the backstroke key is. The # key is now a £ sign. The ~ key is at the shift key above the backstroke and the ~ is ¬ key. Anyone any idea how I can change back to a normal keyboad...

View more questions Search