Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maestrorad23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 07:43 PM
    My dog seems to be constipated
    My dog has been constipated for the past day or so. First thing I noticed was that usually when I give him food he scarfs it down, the last couple days though he is only eating when he gets really hungry, however he is interested in food. He has eaten enough just not the normal interest in food. He has been going to the bathroom #1 okay, and has tried to poop a couple times and did once and it was kind of thick. He has not really had any access to anything to eat that he shouldn't although I have slightly changed his food lately, from one kind of Beneful to another kind of Beneful... any suggestions?
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

Mar 13, 2009, 04:02 AM

Yes sometimes when you switch adog's food they do get sick. My dog gets diarrhea and throws up.

For the constipation thought I have heard and have been told by many veteranarians, that canned pumpkin is good to help with it.
    Just5ofus Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 09:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rex123 View Post
    Yes sometimes when you switch adog's food they do get sick. My dog gets diarhea and throws up.

For the constipation thought I have heard and have been told by many veteranarians, that canned pumpkin is good to help with it.
    But, if he's not eating... how the heck do you get him to eat canned pumpkin?
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Mar 31, 2009, 12:39 PM

It might very well be the change in food. When I switched my dogs to Beneful they also got constipated at first now that you mention it. They've done very well on the brand of food though. Much better coat and overall body condition.
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

Mar 31, 2009, 12:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just5ofus View Post
    But, if he's not eating.......how the heck do you get him to eat canned pumpkin?
    This question was asked quite a while ago. And the asker did say the dog was still interested in food, just not as much. Please do not answer questions unless it is to help the asker.

My answer was completely valid. And has been suggested by many veteranarian's for this type of problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My cat is constipated. [ 2 Answers ]

I have to taken my cat maggie to the vet several times for constipation. They give her a enima, then send her home. I have tried pumpkin, olive oil to no avail. My question is. Do they make a laxative for cats? Maggie is 12.5 years old. Any help would be appricated greatley.

I think my dog is constipated but not sure [ 1 Answers ]

Monday night my husband left for work. Tuesday afternoon my chi chi started acting weird she was staying to herself not interacting with us at all. She will not eat but she drinks water I thought that she was just missing my husband but today is Wednesday and she is still acting that way. She snaps...

Very constipated [ 3 Answers ]

So I made a doctors appointment which is not for another 2 weeks (I don't know if I can wait that long)... I have been feeling very constipated and extreemly bloated and have minor heartburn I also pee every time I have a small drink of water. Sometime the pain also travels to my lower back I just...

Dog might be constipated [ 7 Answers ]

My 8 month old lab had his first bull stick yesterday and ever since he has gone poop every time we take him out. Yesterday was probably 5 times. He usually goes 2 or 3 times a day. My question is what can I do as he seems to be uncomfortable. I let him out and he tried 3 times to go poop and was...

View more questions Search