Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovetolive Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 06:45 PM
    Cut Hymen
    I know there are different kinds of hymens and I know I have a septate hymen... and it is really annoying and I was wondering if it would be OK to cut it with a siccors... and what I could do to make it hurt less...
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2009, 06:49 PM

Are you absolutely crazy. Do you want to die of infection and bleeding.

You need to see your doctor and minor PROPER SURGERY can be done to separate it. DO NOT DO IT YOURSELF.
    Chana14 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2009, 07:24 PM

DO NOT CUT IT BY YOURSELF!! I had the surgery and you need to have proper aenthestheic and there is a HUGE risk of infection from doing it with scissors wow, but no just go to your geyno.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2009, 01:18 AM
    Do not touch your hymen with anything!

This is a job for a doctor - if you have ANY problems you must see a medical professional.

You could harm yourself for life by doing something stupid like using scissors!

Would you ask your parent to pull out a tooth with a pair of pliers? I think not!
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2009, 03:30 AM

Imagine what it feels like to cut the tip of your finger with a scissors,now duplicate that by hundreds and you will know the pain if you do that.Your vagina will look like a mangled piece of meat..
    The bleeding will be profuse and your chance of infecting yourself quite high.
    Stop talking like a fool!
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2009, 12:30 AM

This thread was from March ,how did it get revived? Why does that even happen?
    Clues for the clueless? :)
    iamsam4fun Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2010, 12:34 AM
    All of you that were trying to scare that poor girl about her septate hymen are completely ridiculous, and
    Obviously do not currently or have not ever, had a septate hymen. When I was 12 years old, I discovered that
    My vaginal opening was blocked by a thin strip of hymen, which made pulling out tampons extremely terrifying and painful.
    I had no idea at the time that it was due to a septate hymen, and it freaked me out that I would never grow up to
    Have painless sex or be able to use a tampon like every other female, so I decided I needed to do something about it.

If you are having a similar experience to what I had when I was younger, it is okay to feel scared or unsure about what to do. You may decide that you want to get rid of that part of your hymen yourself. If you want to cut the "septate" part of your hymen, you just need to be smart about it. Get some small scissors or fingernail clippers, sterilize them with actual methods that truly sterilize (not just soap), and by all means get a mirror so that you can watch what you are doing. It was a completely painless experience for me - it was like cutting a thick rubberband. One small cut and it was done, and then I was able to move on with my life and wear tampons fearlessly like ever other young and active female.

There was no "horrible" infection, I did not "mutilate" my vagina, it did not bleed, and it was not painful - if people had done their research they would know that the "string" that goes acrossthe vaginal opening (which is again, the "septate" part), is almost completely void of nerves - therefore it doesn't bring the pain as some people assume. In contrast the part that hurts the most is when the septate hymen pulls from both sides of your vaginal walls - say when you are trying to get out a tampon, and makes it feel like you are going to tear your vagina in two.

Many women have dealt with their septate hymens in this manner, and none of them are "crazy". I would advise you, however, to research several credible medical websites about the septate hymen and how other women like yourself have cut it, if you are thinking about doing it yourself. If you have inhibitions about that, then go to the doctor. Whatever you do, just be smart and safe. And by all means - don't let people who have no idea what they are talking about try and tell you that you are crazy.

Good luck! Hope everything works out for you, my fellow sisters...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Septate Hymen? [ 6 Answers ]

So after the year it's been since I started my period, I have finally found what it is preventing me from using tampons. I did some research and found the problem is that I have a septate hymen. It's apparently not a big deal, minor surgery can be done to remove it. My problem is that I'm going on...

Breaking hymen [ 7 Answers ]

Well m writing this on behalf of my wife that we have been trying to have sex/insert but she feels so much pain that I have not been able to enter her. Can doctors suggest us what should we do?

To check the hymen [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know that is there any way that one can check if the hymen is intact or ruptured??

Hymen and the Pain During sex [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! As I mentioned in my last post I am a 20 year old virgin thinking of having sex with her boyfriend of two years. I'm completely emotionally ready. My main concern is the pain at this point. I have a gyno appointment coming up and I figure that my hymen will be broken during the appointment....

My g/f's hymen [ 5 Answers ]

My g/f isn't sure if her hymen is still there, because she said she may have broke it when she put in tampons. Even though she has never had sex would she still be considered a virgin? Thanks.

View more questions Search