Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toyo44 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 06:33 PM
    My dog would not eat dog food and homemade dog food
    Hi
    I have a dog she is small and she is mix she is 2 year old and when I got her she would eat her food but know she would not eat dog food and homemade dog food and I giver her a lot of kind of food but she would still not eat what do you think I should do
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Mar 12, 2009, 06:47 PM

Is your dog eating any kind of food at all? Try baloney, tuna.. If so, then it might just be bored with what you are giving her. But more likely there is a physical ailment, and you should consult a veterinarian. A major chain pet store, Petsmart, offers a discount vet service, so that might be an option. My dogs love to eat dry cat food. I know that is not particularly healthy for them, but they refuse to eat dog food. But since both of them are in their senior years, I figure it can't hurt too much.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2009, 05:48 AM
    What sort of 'home-made' food are you feeding her exactly?
    Try microwaving some canned food just for 15-20 seconds to make it smell a bit more appealing and if it is a solid food make sure it's cut up into easy to swallow chunks, my dog won't eat his meaty roll unless it's cut to the right size (fussy little begger he is)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Food invention (registration of a food product?) [ 12 Answers ]

I have thought up a good idea for a new food product and would like to offer it to a company, but to do that (I was informed by my dad) I need proof that this idea is mine so no one can steal it and such, registration of a food product? I need to know how to go on to this. A website perhaps? Please...

My dog would not eat dog food and homemade dog food [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a dog she is small and mix she is 2 year old when I got her she would eat her food but know she would not eat dog food and homemade dog food I giver her alots of food but she would not eat it what do you think I should do Help

Food poisoning, or Food allergy? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello. Greetings first of all. Well, see, on Tuesday morning I felt fine, nothing seemed to be wrong. Went to work at a restaurant, 3 hours cause it's split shift. Came back home and was supposed to go back to work at 5pm. Right around that time I started to feel bloated, and had lots of gas. Then...

Homemade puppy food? [ 9 Answers ]

So my morkie puppy(yorkie/Maltese) just recently turned 9 months... but anyway lol... I was looking up like homemade meals online for puppies didn't really find anything good... I want to make him something.. kind of like a treat but like a meal like once a week... I have boiled chicken and gave...

Homemade cat food recipe [ 5 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I just ran out of cat food and I really don't feel like driving uptown, so does anyone have a easy cat food recipe?

View more questions Search