Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adambelva13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 04:51 PM
    Velocity and net force of diver
    I have a physics problem that states a 65 kg swimmer dives off a 10 m high dive

What is the velocity when impacting the water and the swimmer comes to a stop 2.o m below the surface find the net force exerted by the water

I am completely lost I do not anyone to complete the problem for me just simply some help I know acceleration is -9.8 due to gravity I know the netforce formula just putting them together in my head I simply cannot find out where to begin

Thanks much
    Adam
    Couchcarrot Posts: 590, Reputation: 41

Mar 18, 2009, 07:57 PM
    Try the link below. Click on the second column, first five rows (one at a time).:)

Physics Help, General Physics, Fundamentals of Physics

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confederate air force/ Commemorative air force [ 5 Answers ]

Are Lefty Gardner and Lloyd Nolan still alive? If so where can I find good information on the start of the Confederate Air force on line. There is a lot of info on the new Commemorative Air force, but very little on the old.

At what value of Force, can we feel the effect of gravitational force between objects [ 2 Answers ]

PLEASE READ THE WHOLE QUESTION AND THEN ANSWER At what value of Force, could we feel or see the effect of gravitational pull or force between two objects. E.g. 2 pencils kept at a very small distance (r) exert a force (F) on each other such that they are pulled by each other and stick to each...

Velocity and average force [ 1 Answers ]

A person jumps from the roof of a house 4.2 m high. When he strikes the ground below, he bends his knees so that his torso decelerates over an approximate distance of 0.70 m. The mass of his torso (excluding legs) is 42 kg. (a) Find his velocity just before his feet strike the ground. ____m/s...

Velocity [ 1 Answers ]

The orbit of Halley's Comet around the Sun is a long thin ellipse. At its aphelion (point farthest from the Sun), the comet is 5.1 1012 m from the Sun and moves with a speed of 12.0 km/s. What is the comet's speed at its perihelion (closest approach to the Sun) where its distance from the Sun is...

View more questions Search