Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VIP123456 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 04:32 PM
    Does divorce affect immigration status?
    Hello!
    I became a PR of Canada a month ago, my husband sposored me. Now we want to divorce. Will this dovorce affect my PR status. We live in Toronto, Canada.
    Thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 12, 2009, 04:44 PM

What is PR status I don't know what that is and I live in Canada

Tick
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 14, 2009, 08:53 AM

PR = permanent resident

It may because of the many issues with mail order brides seeking to get into countries and then getting a divorce as soon as the papers are filed. Call your local immigration office and ask.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 14, 2009, 11:32 AM

Hi cal, I am bonked ! Having always been a PR of Canada, I never realized what PR was.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does getting a divorce affect my Permanent Resident Status? [ 4 Answers ]

I came as dependent to my wife in Canada. Now we are planning divorce. After I divorce here, does that change my status as a permanent resident? Do I have to apply again for myself to come back to Canada, if I will travel for a short vacation?

Does Immigration visa expiration affect adjustment of status under marriage [ 4 Answers ]

Here is my case . I have known an Albanian girl whom I intend to marry. She came in United States on December 2006 by way of marriage with another US citizen but stayed married for only 11 days due to abusive and troubling relationship, and left to live on her own with relatives. During this time...

Does temporary lay off an exempt employee affect their status? [ 2 Answers ]

I work in New Jersey and may be laid off for 1 week per month to cut costs. Will this effect my exempt status?

How can a divorce affect someone's residence? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I want to get divorced from my husband, but at the same time I don't want to affect his status here. He's been a U.S. Residence since October 2006 (less than 2 years) and we've been married for about 3 or 4 years, together for almost 7 years and have a 5 year old son. Would a...

Immigration status after divorce [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Sir/Madam, I am married for almost 2 years to a lady who is about to migrate to USA on account of her mother sponsorship. I believe it will take another 2-3 months for us (my wife, myself and my 1 month old child) her to reach USA. In the meantime, there are differences developed in both...

View more questions Search