Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 01:42 PM

Tom I wouldn't have guess you as a gardener but I never considered myself a hippie until I just reread what I wrote to Elliot :)
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 01:53 PM
    First of all the left can't decide what makes someone rich anyway, Michelle Obama was praised for passing up the opportunity to earn big bucks for her sacrifice in public service making $300 grand a year as a diversity coordinator at a Chicago hospital that dumped poor patients off on other clinics.

Bush was a rich white guy back when he was making $180 grand a year (and giving about 15 percent of his income to charity), while Biden was "a good example of a working-class kid" making a quarter million.

What we can be sure of is this whopping "tax cut" is just part of Obama's plan for "social justice." From page 5 of Obama's pork-laden omnibus bill titled "A New Era of Responsibility: Renewing America's Promise" :

While middle-class families have been playing by the rules, living up to their responsibilities as neighbors and citizens, those at the commanding heights of our economy have not."

"Prudent investments in education, clean energy, health care and infrastructure were sacrificed for huge tax cuts for the wealthy and well-connected."

"There's nothing wrong with making money, but there is something wrong when we allow the playing field to be tilted so far in the favor of so few. . . . It's a legacy of irresponsibility, and it is our duty to change it."

That's right, it is Obama's moral imperative to punish people with money "no matter how many of them worked honestly and honorably to produce it," because "this presidency is going to be an act of retribution."
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 02:11 PM
    spit

love it . When I retire it will not be in the NY City area . I have honed my organic gardening skills for a long time . I just don't have enough space to do it right (about 20' x25' )... that's why I adoped the victory garden design . It's amazing how much you can fit into that space if it's properly planned.

Secaucus ? I normally don't go in that direction unless I'm going to a Giants game.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 02:19 PM

As far as the tax credit ;suprise!! I agree with Elliot. A tax cut you can plan with ; a tax credit.. while nice because I am always in favor of people getting to keep their money is less than an efficient way to stimulate the economy.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2009, 05:38 AM
    The wife received a nice little note with her last paycheck suggesting she review her withholding so she isn't stuck with having a tax bill at the end of the year. Even the IRS is concerned.

The new withholding tables should not be a problem for singles with one job, or a married couple where one spouse works, Luscombe says. But the IRS is concerned about under-withholding for individuals with multiple jobs and married couples, both of whom work, he says. All those employers would be reducing tax withholdings, possibly leading to not enough taxes withheld.

"The IRS suggests you revise your W-4 form to increase your withholding to counteract the effect of the revised withholding," Luscombe says.
    Isn't that nice? Even the IRS says we may need to "counteract" the "stimulus" which makes it all rather redundant... and more work for us just to stay ahead of the tax game.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

D-Rich - Now Or Never [ 3 Answers ]

D-Rich - Now Or Never anyone have the lyrics??

How he got rich. [ 3 Answers ]

A businessman walked into a New York City bank and asked for the loan officer. He said he was going to Europe on business for two weeks and needed to borrow $5,000. The loan officer said the bank would need some security for such a loan. The business man then handed over the keys to a Rolls...

How does one get rich? [ 6 Answers ]

How much money would someone have to start with to get rich?

Outstanding news! Whoo hoo! (If I may carry on for a moment) [ 6 Answers ]

Hello folks: Well, it looks like Im going to have to change my profile description. I am pleased to announce that today, in the mail, I actually received some good news! Andrew Cocke is now refrigeration certified , type I and type II! I took this test a year ago, and my employer...

View more questions Search