Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SCIENCE SHY Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 10:21 AM
    Redox reactions
    What is the chemical reaction between potassium hydroxide and potassium permagnate
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 10:36 AM

I would not expect a reaction between KOH and KMnO4.

Permanganate is an oxidizer, but there's nothing that can be oxidized in this pair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Redox half-equations [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone help with the equtions for a) oxidation of Fe2+ to Fe3+ b) reduction of MnO4- to Mn2+ and then explain how to combine the equations for the titration of the Mno4- solution with the Fe2+ Thanks in advance

Redox titrations. [ 1 Answers ]

How would I find the RMM of the unknown metal if the molarity of HCl = 0.1 M , NaOH = 0.1 The Metal was dissolved in 80 cm3 of HCL and titrated against 22. 74 cm3 of NaOH. The mass of the metal was 0.0686 g.

Redox Titration [ 1 Answers ]

How would I find the RMM of the unknown metal if the molarity of HCl = 0.1 M , NaOH = 0.1 The Metal was dissolved in 80 cm3 of HCL and titrated against 22. 74 cm3 of NaOH. The mass of the metal was 0.0686 g.

Redox Titrations [ 1 Answers ]

I need help with this question on redox titrations. It says that a 10.00mL sample of an aqueous solution of hyrdrogen peroxide, H_2O_2(aq) is treated with an excess of KI(aq). The liberated I_2 requires 28.92 mL of 0.1522 M Na_2S_2O_3 for its titration. Is the H_2O_2(aq) up to its full strength (3%...

View more questions Search