Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    03RpAaNjGoErR Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 09:43 AM
    Is it a rebound
    My girlfriend and I broke up about 3 months ago after being togther for 4 years. We were hanging out and hooking up for 2 months after we broke up and then it seemed like all of a sudden she was spending a lot of time with this new guy "Friend". She told me that he was just a friend and that she wasn't ready for a relationship and that she didn't want the stresses of having a boyfriend. She was still like flitrting with me and then when I would want to hang out she would tell me that she was going to bed and then I would find out that she was hanging out with him. I called her up one day and said that we needed to talk and I wanted to know what was going on with us, she told me that she would meet up with me the next day. The next day I didn't hear anything from her and come to find out she went to dinner with that guy. About a week passed and I went on Facebook and found out that they were dating, she then started to put up pictures of her and him, I asked her don't you think its kind of soon and she told me that he had asked her out 4 days earlier and that it sort of just happened. When I finally said goodbye to her on the phone she texted me saying that her and I have a special connection and that she misses my "member" and that it was so good to her. My question is what's going on? Is this guy a rebound? And why would she say that stuff to me?
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 09:46 AM

She sounds like a b!tch!

Go NC and leave her alone. Let this new guy deal with her crap. You deserve better than this.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 09:53 AM

She is playing with your emotions and you don't deserve any of it.Maybe she is keeping you hanging in case the new guy doesn't work out.
    Whatever her motivation ,she is not thinking of your feelings so I would suggest you stop trying to second guess what she means.
    You can guess until the cows come home but it changes nothing and will only make you confused,angry and upset.
    Spare yourself that agony and let it go.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 10:12 AM

Here doggie, I'm going to throw you a treat so that when I'm done with my new puppy you are still there waging our tail for when I come home.

Don't be a back up plan, go NC and heal

Mar 12, 2009, 01:25 PM

Is the guy def a rebound or what
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 03:21 PM

Who cares, why are you waiting around for her? She chose to not want you now, why would you want her then?
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 03:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RpAaNjGoErR View Post
    is the guy def a rebound or what
    Does it matter?

The problem here is you've been dumped but your trying to hang in there in case she changes her mind. She WON'T!!

Sorry to be blunt but she's made her mind up and you need to leave her alone and get on with your healing. That means no contact , no texting , no emailing etc. and keep your dignity.
    As for looking her up on Facebook what does that achieve? It makes you miserable so why do it.

She has her life to live too so let her do it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 12, 2009, 04:49 PM

No he is not a rebound, you are her back up plan.
    weezyfbaby5 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 08:08 PM

Not trying to be harsh but she's definitely done with you. And its possibly she will use you as a back up from her new boyfriend. If it was me cause I'm a I would start talking to her again steal her back and dump her
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 09:07 PM

Confusion started once the two of you started hanging out and doing the things that couples do when their together after the break-up. Please don't make this mistake again.

At this point you shouldn't be worrying about what type of relationship she's having with this guy because the two of you are done. Let her new boyfriend deal with issue.

Don't view her Facebook account nor have any further contact with her. Let her go and let her be.

If you still have feelings for her then work on healing yourself to get over her. Time to focus on the things you can control so worry about yourself instead of her.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 09:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by weezyfbaby5 View Post
    not trying to be harsh but shes definitly done with you. and its possably she will use u as a back up from her new bf. if it was me casue im a i would start talkign to her again steal her back and dump her
    Is this another one of your brilliant plans?(sarcasm)

This really sounds like something an immature person would do.

Also, I know I misspell words from time to time but please use the spell check and better grammar.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 09:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28 View Post
    Is this another one of your brilliant plans?(sarcasm)

This really sounds like something an immature person would do.

Had to spread the rep Liz , but that's exactly what I thought :rolleyes:
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2009, 05:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by weezyfbaby5 View Post
    not trying to be harsh but shes definitly done with you. and its possably she will use u as a back up from her new bf. if it was me casue im a i would start talkign to her again steal her back and dump her
    I'm curious, do you think before you write? Because your responses are pointing that you don't. I am amazed at how childish you actually are with your advice. You sound incredibly young, and if this is the type of stuff young kids are doing, I fear for my planet
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2009, 06:26 AM

Rome,

Had to spread the rep but I completely agree.. just wait you'll get an undesiferable text speak reply to further solidify your point!

Mar 13, 2009, 09:06 AM

Its really hard because her and I live in the same freakin town. Its also hard because her and I have so much history and it seems like she just forgot all of it. I know it really doesn't matter but a lot of my friends are telling me that its def going to hit her the way she has treated me, is that true?
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2009, 09:10 AM

Once again, who cares what hits her, whether it be how she treated you or a bus. Not of your concern! And no it's not hard living in the same town, I worked with my ex, saw her every day I worked after the break up and I still maintained NC for well over 5 months

Mar 13, 2009, 09:20 AM

Where you guys able to become friends later on or what?
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2009, 09:24 AM

We aren't exactly friends, we speak occasionally through text or exchange the courteous "hello" but nothing major and I'd call it more awkward, for her, than a friendship.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Mar 13, 2009, 12:58 PM
    Well I think I'll be more understanding, 4 years is a lot and it can't be erased overnight.

Why do you care about her love life? The only reason you would care is if you think that there is still potential with her?

Didn't you guys break up already? Or do you still want to get back together? She has obviously moved on... what do you want?

Mar 13, 2009, 01:16 PM

I def still love her and I want to be a good friend which can lead back into another relationship, she has told me that she is trying to move on but then again she is sending me text messages saying that she misses my D@#$ and that is was sooo good to her and that her and I have a special connection. I personally think that it is way to early to tell if this relationship is serious or not and she told me that she put all the good memories of her and I in the back of her mind for now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is he on the rebound? [ 4 Answers ]

I just found out that my ex boyfriend (who broke up with me about two weeks ago) is in a new relationship with another girl. I don't feel upset or jealous about this at all, but I do feel slightly betrayed by him for some reason, and I can't explain it. He told me that he still wanted to be...

Rebound? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have recently started dating a women for the last month and a half. This is her first lesbian relationship. And my second. I just got out of a 2 and a half year relationship at the end of November of 2005. My ex screwed me over by lying and stringing me along, and many other things. I can...

Rebound [ 28 Answers ]

We all know that after a relationship, people tend to go on the "rebound"... finding someone to just pass some of the time along and get it out of the system... My question is... is it possible for someone who broke up with you to go on Rebound??

View more questions Search