Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    little hemi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 08:37 AM
    Stop the dog digging
    What tips does anyone have for stopping a dog from digging underneath a deck. This dog has a dog house at his convenience but would rather dig to get underneath my deck. Result is a muddy mess and he has gotten stuck a time or two also. Please help
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2009, 08:58 AM
    Ih he is digging in the same place all the time you could try spraying something around the area that he doesn't like the smell of. Try to cosy up his kennel a bit too and give him a reward for going in there so he feels special for using it.
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Mar 12, 2009, 02:04 PM

What breed of dog is it? Some breeds having digging in their blood which can make it harder to curb the behavior. How often do you exercise your dog? I noticed you said muddy mess, does this mean he only does it when it rains or does he do it at random?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Digging a Well [ 4 Answers ]

I have a deep well, and it is constantly starving for water, I can't use the hose outside for to long or else I will be without water for a couple of hours. I was told by a few plumbers that I was about 10 feet from the bottom with the pump. One suggested that I could add about 5 feet to it, but...

How to stop dog from digging [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get my dog to stop digging in the dirt. I would like to plant grass but my dog keeps digging in the same spots

Digging Dog [ 6 Answers ]

How do you repair a hole dug in the backyard by your dog?

How to stop your dog from digging holes? [ 3 Answers ]

I've adopted a dog a few months ago, he started digging holes like crazy, now my backyard is like a dirt yard :S. We couldn't get gardening people to fix it, because it was getting cold, it was raining all the time, and now it's snowing all the time. It's just not the best season to get your...

My dog won't stop digging! [ 24 Answers ]

Ruby and Labman, I have a dog, Kimmie, she is half lab and half either rott or dobie. Well, anyway, we cannot get her to stop digging up the back yard. She seems like she knows she is doing wrong because she looks up at the house before proceeding to dig. If she sees one of us she just mosies...

View more questions Search