Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KMB1949 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 08:06 AM
    New Diesel Engines
    I have invented, patented, built and tested a new diesel engine. It is far superior to engines that are currently available. I am seeking capital to manufacture these engines but so far I have been unsuccessful. Any suggestions anyone?
    humbleman Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 08:30 AM

Have you just made one? If you could install it in a vehicle and drive it to where the person is at when soliciting them for the fincial backing I think that the motor would speak for itself. Maybe get the press and other media involved. Make sure that you have a patent or whichever is needed to protect your design so the big guys cannot steal your ideas.
    Hope this helps,
    humbleman

Mar 12, 2009, 08:45 AM
    The test engine is designed for marine application but the engine can be adapted to all diesel engine applications. Buck Marine Diesel
    vwdieseljunkie Posts: 107, Reputation: 13

Mar 12, 2009, 09:12 AM
    Not much info to go on, so I'll ask some questions...

1. Displacement & #cyls?
    2. Injection type/delivery?
    3. Application? (industrial, auto, commercial, etc.)
    4. Emissions?
    5. Specific fuel requirement? (ulsd or multifuel)
    6. Aspiration?
    7. hp/tq or KW & rpm range?

<edit>
    Ok, made it to your site and checked things out. I am VERY intrigued by your design! I definitely like the simplicity, which is good for not only diesel, but must especially marine diesel! A few questions though...

1. Do you have a wet weight on each arrangement (3, 4, and 6-cyls)
    2. I'm guessing the 3-cyl is the 150hp unit and the 6-cyl is the 650hp unit?
    3. Are the individual cylinders intended to be serviced as a "power pack" unit?
    4. Are there any plans for 8+ cyl arrangements to reach/exceed 1000hp?
    5. Are there any benchmarks for fuel consumption per hour under load for each arrangement?
    6. What do you feel will make your design preferable over current cummins marine, caterpillar, perkins, etc.

The kid in me is imagining your design on the scale of an EMD, the mechanic in me is imagining having every power unit from 100hp to 2000hp having interchangeable parts and gaskets.

Mar 12, 2009, 09:31 AM
    Check out the site. For additional information. Buck Marine Diesel

Mar 12, 2009, 09:41 AM
    Ok, made it to your site and checked things out. I am VERY intrigued by your design! I definitely like the simplicity, which is good for not only diesel, but must especially marine diesel! A few questions though...

1. Do you have a wet weight on each arrangement (3, 4, and 6-cyls)
    2. I'm guessing the 3-cyl is the 150hp unit and the 6-cyl is the 650hp unit?
    3. Are the individual cylinders intended to be serviced as a "power pack" unit?
    4. Are there any plans for 8+ cyl arrangements to reach/exceed 1000hp?
    5. Are there any benchmarks for fuel consumption per hour under load for each arrangement?
    6. What do you feel will make your design preferable over current cummins marine, caterpillar, perkins, etc.

The kid in me is imagining your design on the scale of an EMD, the mechanic in me is imagining having every power unit from 100hp to 2000hp having interchangeable parts and gaskets.

Mar 12, 2009, 09:59 AM
    The 6 is around 1550 pounds at 650 hp. The 4 is 1200 at 400hp and the 3 around 950 at 275hp. We have a V series on the drawing board using interchangeable parts. I'll send pictures if you provide your email.
    humbleman Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 10:21 AM

Wow that is just too cool.

Mar 12, 2009, 06:23 PM

Have you considered bringing this design before a company like Trinity Yachts? I'm confident there would also be a calling for such a design offshore, both stationary production and mobile drilling platforms.

Mar 13, 2009, 08:28 AM
    I would be pleased to discuss this with anyone that would have an interest in partnering with us. Do you know someone at Trinity?

Mar 13, 2009, 08:35 AM

I used to know some of the ship fitters and marine electricians, but have fallen "out of the loop" with them since I no longer work offshore. Trinity is located here in Gulfport, MS, as well as several other ship fitters. There are several companies in Pascagoula, MS, as well that would be likely candidates. I'll have to look, I'm wanting to say we had something to the effect of 'technology expos" in the houston and lafayette areas of the energy outfits, that would probably be an excellent outlet to make you engines known. Refitting existing applications may be out of the question for some, but I would focus on new construction. Many of the companies I have worked with would rather keep pouring monies into upkeep of old engines than go through a refit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buying 7.3 L diesel need info on trucks with diesel engine [ 5 Answers ]

I am looking at buying a 1997 Ford F250 Diesel 7.3L it has 200k miles. Till now I have had only gas engines but have always been a truck guy. Please provide any information you know about this truck including: gas mileage, life expectancy, upkeep costs, major problems to look for anything at...

Search engines [ 2 Answers ]

I need YAHOO/MSN/AOL/GOOGLE etc.. search engines CEO'S OR CHAIRMAN'S emai id so that I can contact them for my great idea.So please pro vide me their email address as early as possible.Thanking you.Jigar.

Search Engines [ 10 Answers ]

What is the correct boolean statement for... ONLY (A+B+C) and can I expect search engines to execute this? Don

View more questions Search