Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 07:20 AM
    We get to pay for a shrine to the Kennedys !
    More than one out of every five dollars of the $126 million Massachusetts is receiving in earmarks from a $410 billion federal spending package is going to help preserve the legacy of the Kennedys. The bill includes $5.8 million for the planning and design of a building to house a new Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the Senate. The funding may also help support an endowment for the institute.

The bill also includes $22 million to expand facilities at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library & Museum and $5 million more for a new gateway to the Boston Harbor Islands on the Rose Kennedy Greenway, a park system in downtown Boston named after Kennedy's mother and built on land opened up by the Big Dig highway project.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090311/ap_on_re_us/spending_kennedy_legacy

The priorities are warped here. Spending money we don't have to erect shrines filled with tributes to the sexual organs of Democratic politicians??
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 07:38 AM

Sounds like one of those earmarks that "have a legitimate and worthy public purpose" Obama was mentioning.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2009, 07:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    ... filled with tributes to the sexual organs of Democratic politicians???
    Where does it say that?
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 07:46 AM

Yup notice how he was saying how trickle down was good... so long as trickle down was government spending projects trickling down to local governments .

You know, when you give it to public companies -- public entities like fire departments, and if they are seeking taxpayer dollars, then I think all of us can feel some comfort that the state or municipality that's benefitting is doing so because it's going to trickle down and help the people in that community. When they're private entities, then I believe they have to be evaluated with a higher level of scrutiny.
    The White House - Blog Post - President Obama declares turning point on earmark reform

Actually... I probably shouldn't be mentioning trickle down in the same posting that discusses a shrine to Teddy Kennedy.
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2009, 07:51 AM
    So how is it a tribute to his sexual organs like you said?
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 07:54 AM
    The Kopechne family, as federal taxpayers, are helping to pay for the Kennedy's shrine . Maybe they should build it in Chappaquidd*ck
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2009, 07:56 AM
    So you lied then?
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 08:00 AM

OK for you I'll amend it to say shrines filled with tributes to vanities of Democratic politicians??
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2009, 08:02 AM
    I quoted it for posterity. Another one of your low tactics.
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 08:04 AM

Yawn
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2009, 10:05 AM

I would think that the money would have been better spent on the homeless situation in Massachusetts rather than a monumet to a family that caused more grief to this country (other than the Bush family).

Sir Ted is ridiculous also. The Irish will be extremely upset with the Kennedy family once he's kighted. It's a slap in the face for the country of Ireland who loved his brother, John. The Irish hate the British. They have been sold out by the Kennedys.

A momument to greed, murder, selling out of America is horrible. Pork, pork, pork. Greasing a contractor's palm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search