Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rockstation Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 04:34 PM
    Do you recognize this shower stem?
    I can't seem to find this shower stem. I know it is not Price Phister.
    Does it look familiar to you? (see attachment)
    Attached Images

ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 11, 2009, 04:44 PM

Your best bet is to take this to a large plumbing supply outfit. Their guys always seem to recognize stuff for me. That or Tom will be here shortly
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 12, 2009, 05:56 AM
    Rock, What was the brand name of the mixing valve the stem came out of? Back to you, Tom
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 12, 2009, 06:45 AM

It is definitely not Price Pfister stem. Is hard to tell you brand name by just looking at the stem. Only few maufacturers have distinctive stem designs. All others are pretty close with minimal changes...

Can you post a photo of the faucet? Or brand name?
    rockstation Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 03:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1 View Post
    Rock, What was the brand name of the mixing valve the stem came outta? Back to you, Tom
    I don't know. It was in when we bought the house, and there is no access behind the tile.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 12, 2009, 04:26 PM

Look closely at all components of faucet that you can see. Handles, etc, there may be a name brand that is very hard to see. Now, why do you want to replace the whole stem? What is the problem with it? May be able to just repair without replacing complete stem. Let us know what your thinking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower stem stuck [ 5 Answers ]

Hi - I am trying to replace washer on the bottom of a stem because shower leaks. It's not hot or cold, but on/off handle in the middle. Anyway, I bought the tool to get the packing nut off, but now I can't budge the stem. Is there a trick to it? Maybe I don't have enough strength in my hands. ...

Stem leaking in shower [ 2 Answers ]

I just recently put in an extension for my shower faucet. Now, I see that I have a leak coming from the shower stem. The leak is happening even when the shower is turned off. Do I need to replace the stem or seat? Could I have damaged something when I installed the extension and new faucet? ...

Shower Stem [ 1 Answers ]

My shower stem has a slotted part behind the seat. I was told to have this part up to keep the stem from leaking. I drew a line down the stem so I would know it was upright so it would not leak when the water is on. But when I put it in and tighten it up that part is lineed up so it leaks. What can...

Shower stem [ 3 Answers ]

How do I get a stem out or a shower that is stuck?

Shower stem [ 1 Answers ]

How can I remove a hard to get out shower stem

View more questions Search