Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ted Mullins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 08:24 PM
    Replacing gapco windows under warranty
    I have gapco windows and I have been in my house approximately 10 years. I believe my windows carried a 10yr warranty, can anyone tell me how to contact gapco to get replacement sashes.
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 12, 2009, 09:39 AM

I believe Gapco went out of business. Check out the similar threads at the bottom of this page for more info.
    Terry142 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2009, 09:30 AM

I have just started researching the same thing and I have found Gapco and Alenco windows were manufactured by a company named Reliant. Although "Gapco" has apparently gone out of business I plan on doing a little more research on it as it seems that if Reliant is the parent company they should honor the Gapco warranty.
    Terry142 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2009, 09:36 AM
    Here is the info off the Reliant Building Products website regarding warranties:

Reliant Building Products filed for bankruptcy in July of 2000. All Warranty claims must be submitted in writing.

If you feel you have a claim please submit it in writing to the address below.

Reliant Warranty Claims
    P.O. Box 4007
    Bryan, TX 77805

Be sure to include your name, Address and a brief description of the problem.
    Carolmarcine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 11:24 AM
    I have Alenco windows in my home that were installed in 1999. All of the windows have failed and I have done an enormous amount of work trying to get Alenco/Reliant Building Products to respond to my warranty claim. It seems that Alenco filed for bankruptcy in 2001 and reorganized and reopened under the same name thereafter. However, the new Alenco will not honor warranty claims from before the bankruptcy. I have sent 12 letters to the Bryant, Texas address and no response (over a 3 year period). I have also called the attorneys who handled the bankruptcy for Reliant and can never get anyone on the phone. It seems we are all out here alone on this one. I plan to continue to call the new Alenco for service and some kind of help. If anyone finds a way into the system for warranty work, I sure would like to know.
    john_PHX Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2009, 09:41 PM
    12/10/2009 I was OR am thinking of getting Alenco window but after reading some of the issues here I would like to know.

1) Has anyone had any work done at all by Alenco Under Warranty?

2) Were you happy with the repair

3) Would you buy Alenco again

4) Is there Warranty any good?
    alencosucks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2010, 09:59 PM
    My experience with Alenco has been the following:
    1. They suck.
    2. They really suck.
    3. They suck to infinity.
    mittsione Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2010, 01:00 PM
    I have Alenco windows in my home which was built in 1999 and had to replace 1/2 of the glass because of broken seals after 4 or 5 years. The windows do very much suck! A broken sash cord on one after 7 years, and on most windows the vinyl has warped, craked, and is easily stained. Now at 10 years we need all new windows! Yes, they do suck to infinity!
    mittsione Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2010, 01:00 PM
    I have Alenco windows in my home which was built in 1999 and had to replace 1/2 of the glass because of broken seals after 4 or 5 years. The windows do very much suck! A broken sash cord on one after 7 years, and on most windows the vinyl has warped, craked, and is easily stained. Now at 10 years we need all new windows! Yes, they do suck to infinity!
    jerrplay1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2011, 02:46 PM
    I built a house for 211 thousand dollars and after 7 years the gapco reliant windows fogged in the middle of the double paynes. And you can't see in but you can't see out either,and they were bricked around where they can't come out without destroying the brick work, so my beautiful home depreciated by 27 thousand dollars.and no one to talk to about their major mistake.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gapco windows [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know the phone number for GAPCO?

Replacing windows [ 3 Answers ]

My house is 20yrs old,should I replace my windows?

Replacing Gapco window [ 1 Answers ]

I have a double paned, 30" by 30" vinyl Gapco window that needs replacing. This is the lower half of the total window. What's the best way to find a replacement?

Gapco windows parts [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for replacement parts for gapco aluminum windows ?

Gapco Windows [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can get replacement parts for Gapco windows? Are they still available? Or as another company taken them over?

View more questions Search