Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jlesnik33 Posts: 235, Reputation: 26

Mar 11, 2009, 06:55 PM
    I feel like a lost cause
    I have a job, I work at a coffee shop seattles best. Im not getting paid very well, 9.40 an hour. I bring home around 254.00 dollars a week. My girlfriend had lost her job, and we can't live off my paycheck... And I think our money issue is a big problem with us fighting.. which I'm sure would be another thread lol. I want to make more money, maybe even get a second job. But the way it looks everywhere I go to apply they are not hiring. This might be tough because everyone lives around the whole world. But how could I make extra money, well earn extra money, and does anybody no a deff job. I live in New Jersey if that helps. Even if you guys could give me an idea of where to start, or look. It would be great. I just want everything to get back to normal.:(

Thank you! Xox
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2009, 07:20 PM

9.40 is actually pretty good. These days the way the markets and job losses are effecting everybody. It is hard for anybody to find a job these days. You are still working. Why do you both have to live off your pay check. Is there not government programs to help supplement pay loss? Or etc...
    Jlesnik33 Posts: 235, Reputation: 26

Mar 11, 2009, 08:03 PM

Well she worked at acme. And they called her into the office saying that she was getting fired for stealing.. mind you she did not. She went to the union and fought it and they told her that she could get her job back but in a different store which is an hour away she took it because she needs a job but they only give her 16 hours a week which only pays for the gas there and back. She went to lawyer to see if she can sue or get anything for then accusing and there was nothing except the back pay that she got when she was out of a job for three months. But that's taking forever. And acme might not go for it. So we are basically living off my one paycheck. I am currently not going to school and she is, so I figured in my spare time why not make some money... We have so many bills that it really is sad. And when we first starting going out in our late teens we built up credit card bills. Its just one big mess. I just want to know if there is anywhere that is always hiring or something on the side I can do to earn money. I've looked online asked around.. I'm stuck... But at the same time I do feel lucky that I have a job because so many people are getting laid off.
    cooch Posts: 38, Reputation: -1
    -

Apr 15, 2009, 09:50 AM

Has your friend tried applying for unemployment? If she is denied unemployment, she could try going to Social Services for benefits such as food stamps, medicaid, welfare, etc. It is very difficult for 2 people to live on 1 person's income today and as you have seen, it is difficult to find a job if you don't have special skills. Do you or your friend have any skills such as bookkeeping or word processing? Is there a company in your area that does telemarketing? Check the want ads. Companies will usually train part time telemarketers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I feel lost and confused. [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I was looking for some advice. I am 26 years old, recently divorced my high school sweet heart. We dated for 8 years were married for less then a year. (my fault for the divorce) well I started dating another man shortly after, he is 49. He promised me the world, security happines family and...

I didn't feel nothing when I lost my virginity! [ 12 Answers ]

Honestly I find this to be so embarassinq! I lost my virginity like 4 months ago and before that I never did any other sexual activities. Well I was on top and when I put it in me I felt NOTHING! Like nothinqqq at all! I didn't believe it was in! All my friends told me it hurts like a crazy and I...

Heartbroken, Feel So Lost [ 1 Answers ]

Hiya I've Been A Single Male All My Life. I'm 18 Now And Feeling Really Depressed Atm. All My Life I Was Told I Was Extremely Attractive And Because Of This I Became A Model. I Got More And More Compliments, Which I Liked. It Seemed Though, Every Girl I Was Attracted To Was Already Going...

I feel so lost. [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I feel so lost. I lost my father who I loved very much and was very close to this January. His health had been fading for a long time (he was 73 yrs old), but he passed away quickly and I didn't even get to say goodbye. I feel so guilty because I had been to the hospital to see him...

View more questions Search