Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    awdiscount Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 06:00 PM
    Can Spring 2008 college tuition get Federal Education Tax deduction
    We had paid my wife's 2008 spring college tuition on 12/15/2007 by credit card as requested by her college. We didn't claim that on our 2007 tax. Since it was for her 2008spring semster. Can we claim this tuition on our 2008 tax as education tax. Can we get any deduction on our 2008 Tax return ?

She was a full time student for 2008 spring semster (Jan 28- May 28)

Thank you
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Mar 11, 2009, 11:09 PM

No. Payment made in 2007 must appear on 2007 tax return.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tuition deduction [ 1 Answers ]

If the church directly pays the tuition of a staff member to attend classes or pursue a degree in order to better serve the church, what part of that tuition should be included in the employee's compensation on a W-2?

College student w/o w-2 but can I file tax to get college tuition credits back? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a college student with no job income(no W-2 form) but do have few dollars of interest earned from saving account(1099-INT form). I know I do not have to file tax return since the income is extremely low. But I heard if I file tax return then I can get few hundreds of college tuition...

College Tuition Deduction-Non Dependent [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any way for someone to claim a deduction for college tuition costs paid for their child if that child can not be included on their return as a dependent? The daughter moved out of her parents' home early last year. She was a full-time student for all of 2007, and her parents paid more...

401k rollover deduction for daughters college tuition [ 7 Answers ]

I am over 59.5 years. Can I withdraw 401k rollover dollars tax free to pay my daughter's college tuition? If yes what IRS form(s) do I use? [email protected]

Tuition deduction - F1 [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, if I'm on F1 visa, can I deduct tuition as higher education expenses? 4,000? Thanks a lot!

View more questions Search