Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IdNeko Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 04:29 PM
    I need to know how to react.
    Okay, yesterday I was at work training and I sat next to a cute girl. She and I would chat when the instructor wasn't talking and we really seemed to be connecting. But when HR came and asked for our IDs we both got out our wallets and I glanced a picture of a guy in a baseball uniform in her wallet as she opened it. They looked similar so I asked if her brother played baseball and she replied with 'huh'? So I commented about the picture and she said it was her boyfriend. I've made it personal policy to not get anywhere nearer than friend to girls with boyfriends so I pulled back a bit in the talking department but right after she mentioned her boyfriend she became outright cold to me. So today rolls around and she sits on the other side of the room next to another guy, and while yesterday she was fairly shy she now loudly flirts with this guy and glares daggers at me whenever the I turn, hell she glares at me pretty much the whole time, I even see it in my peripheral. So should I just ignore all the crap or is there some step I'm missing?
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2009, 04:42 PM
    You don' react just ignore her. She is trying to make you jealous and wants you to react but some where along the lines she forgot about her boyfriend Oh well! Don't pay her any mind.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2009, 04:57 PM

Sounds like she needs to grow up. Don't take it personally. Pay attention to the instructor and to the students who are there to learn, not play games.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2009, 07:41 PM

I agree with ignoring her. But if she make it obvious, like right in your face with the glare either smile or outright laugh at her, and tell her she looks funny when she's angry.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 05:57 AM

I think you are reading too much into it. I would assume that an HR person doing your training would be reason enough not to even think about "hooking" up with a co-worker, as it just begs for future problems. You are at work, and from the sounds of it, are just starting. Start on the right foot, not by playing games with some chick who seems to be immature.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 06:03 AM

Work relationships don't work, believe me. Been down that road, way too much drama
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 12, 2009, 07:42 AM

Ignore her. Your there for a job, not romance, games, or drama.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 07:45 AM

Ignore her.

Jees, what a b!tch thou... calm it down lady?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Mar 12, 2009, 12:51 PM

Ignoring her makes it seem like there's something more going on. You already said it yourself: "I've made it personal policy to not get anywhere nearer than friend to girls with boyfriends so I pulled back a bit in the talking department"

Since you don't like her more than a friend, just do whatever you want. Talk to her when you feel like it and don't talk to her if you don't feel like it. Simple as that.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 12:55 PM

We are talking about someone at work... seriously, this isn't about playing games. Here is an idea, act like the bigger person and focus on doing your job.
    Kourtney12345 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2010, 01:06 PM

Obviously she's crazy. I'm speechless...

How to react?? :eek: well just look at her.. smile.. then turn away:confused: that's my answer...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

For Men, How Would You React? [ 8 Answers ]

If we liked each other and I tell you I'm a virgin, and then I say "but I'm up for most things and I want to know everything there is to know about sex". How would you react?

How do you react [ 6 Answers ]

All right, so I started going out with this chick yesterday, and for some reason she broke up with me right after school, I don't know why, but she did Giving the situation, something like this hasn't happened to me before, when I usually date women, its long that that. I would like to know...

How do I react this Sunday tell me [ 15 Answers ]

Last Sunday a girl that I was seeing who I was very serious about told me not to waste my time and that she did not feel the same way I did. Well a few days have past and things are a little better for me. But I just got news from my friend that I will probabaly see her on Sunday. Now I...

How would you react? [ 15 Answers ]

How would you react if your 17 year old daughter came to you saying she is dating a 21 year old man- and they have been dating for 5 months?

What happens when I react.. [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know, what products are made when I use the reactants sulphuric acid and sodium carbonate Many thanks:confused:

View more questions Search