Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tompatsy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 02:58 PM
    wheel removal
    How do you get the right rear wheel off a Murray Yard King 12.5hp model 40901x5a with hydrostatic auto drive made in 1964. Can't find diagram anywhere.. Thanks...
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 11, 2009, 03:45 PM

You can get a start here by trying for a manual. Most lawn mower tractors have but one bolt in te center of the wheel. Remove the bolts and the wheel slides off a keyed axle. The slide part may be a bit rust after 44 years.yard king (murray) riding mower
    mower_man Posts: 81, Reputation: 2

Mar 12, 2009, 06:53 AM

It can't be a 1964,it is probably a 1994!

Mower_Man

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MTD rear wheel removal [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 18 horse MTD Lawn tractor about 15 years old. I need to remove the rear wheel to change the tire. I have removed the cotter pin from the axel and the washer, but I can't get it to come off. It appears that they're may be a key pin of some sort on the axel. I don't have the model number I...

Cub cadet steering wheel removal [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if any one knew how to remove a steering wheel from a 1200 cub cadet. We are having problems getting it off. Please help

8 hp briggs fly wheel removal [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I need to get the fly wheel of my old briggs rotary hoe as I have ignition trouble. It is not bolted on and appears to be pressed on. How do I go about getting it off? Does the whole motor need to come apart? Or once I get the starter mechanism off is it just a matter of using a heavy duty...

Cub cadet 1525 wheel cap removal? [ 1 Answers ]

My question is concerning the removal of a cub cadet wheel cap. I have a slack front wheel and was going to take it off and have a tube put in, but I can't get the wheel cap. I don't want to break it. My cub cadet is a series 1525 lawn tractor any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Cub Cadet Wheel Removal [ 4 Answers ]

The rim on my Cub Cadet 1225 Garden Tractor is slightly bent, and I'd like to remove it and get a replacement. I've taken off a plastic hub cover, removed a bolt, and metal sleve, and it appears that is all that is holding it on. When I try to pull the wheel off, it still doesn't budge. Am I...

View more questions Search