Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RolloTomasi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 12:45 PM
    What standard score represents 1.5 and 2 standard deviations below mean?
    What standard score represents 1.5 and 2 standard deviations below mean?
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2009, 06:15 PM
    Look it up in the z table. Do you have a stats book? The table is surely in there.

Or, you can do it the hard way:

:):)

If you do not have a table, remember the Empirical Rule says that 34% of the data falls 1 SD below the mean.

Here's the normal graph: You can easily approximate it from looking at the graph.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Standard of care vs standard of practice [ 3 Answers ]

In terms of medicine, what is the difference between the standard of care and the standard of practice?

Mean and Standard Deviations [ 1 Answers ]

Two Questions! 1. Stephan is really happy about his mark in research because he feels that he probably got the highest mark of the class. What can you say to Stephan, knowing that his score is 80 % the mean was 84 and the standard deviation was 2. Please explain the proportion or percentage of...

Standard Deductions [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a question and wondering if anybody could answer this. I am an Indian National and was holding an F-1 Visa from August 2002 through August 2005. My Visa status got changed on September 15, 2005 to H-1B. So my starting date is September 15, 2005. Can anybody tell me what form should I...

Standard deductions [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, I was working on F1 visa (OPT) from Jan 1, 2005 till Nov 30, 2005. My H1 started from 1st Dec 2005. I am using 1040NR-EZ for filing my taxes. Am I right? Or do I have to use both 1040 and 1040 NR? Also I am a bit confused about my deductions. Can I claim standard deductions, as I was on...

Standard Costing [ 0 Answers ]

Pl. Provide me formulas of standard costing for Materials.

View more questions Search