Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 11, 2009, 11:20 AM
    1994 Caddy Trunk Motor Won't Close Trunk
    Hi Guys,
    I have a 94 Caddy that the trunk closure motor,(see images) won't operate when the lid's closed. I've checked the 15 amp fuse and it's intact and not blown, Is there anything I've missed. Is there a override so I can close the trunk. I have a week before rain's forecast in my area but I need to get this fixed before it rains. Any help out there? Thanks Tom
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 12, 2009, 08:46 AM
    Can anybody help a fellow expert on this? I got to get this fixed before it rains. Thanks guys, Tom
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 03:19 PM

PM Captain Rich. He's here and there at times. He's the man to talk to on this.
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 13, 2009, 12:36 PM
    Bump! Guys I really have to get this fixed before it rains on Tuesday. Thanks Tom Kiss I put up i9mages on my first post but they seem to be gone.
    Here they are again. Ivre checked the fuse and the switch is on trhe right. Thanks, Tom
    Attached Images

KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2009, 01:00 PM

What images?

I've never heard of a closer motor, but then again I've never owed a Cadilac.

If it's closing, then there has to be a lockout switch of some sort.

Usually the locking mechanism assumes that the trunk is open. If the latch is "closed" when it's supposed to be open, then it needs to be opened first.

I don't see any pics.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Mar 13, 2009, 04:38 PM

I see the pics. Good ones, too!
    It looks like the two parts are lined up.
    The pull-down switch (the black square plastic piece) is likely the problem and replacement with a known good one is the best test.
    How long would it take you to get to my place?
    I've got a "test part" in my toolbox..
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 14, 2009, 05:53 AM
    Thanks Rich,
    What do you mean " two parts are linhed up"? Is that good? Is the switch easy to charge out? Trade you! I'll tell you how to fix your plumbing if you'll tell me how to fix my roomies Caddy. Thanks again, Tom
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 11:24 AM

The trim and carpet needs to come out just enough so you can access the pulldown motor but the main motor can stay in the car.

The pull down switch is actually two switches housed into one piece. There is usually a small torx screw holding the switch secure, straight down between the switch and the trunk wall.
    The car harness goes into the side and the switch itself connects to the motor just below that. Take a good look at the replacement switch when you get it, OK?
    Note: the smaller switch needs to be between the fingers on the pull down ram. That is what acts to synchronize things.

Cold beverage and admire your work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weight Loss in the trunk [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: I am one of the many people asking how do I loose some of my butt. Are there any excercises? Thanks for your help!

I have a 1994 civic and my trunk leaks. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1994 civic and the trunk leaks! I hate it because it will end up rusting my trunk out! Does anybody know the reason for this and if so what's the solution? :confused:

Looking at 12" subs for trunk and don't know what I need [ 2 Answers ]

I obciously need the speakers but what else? Do I need a separate amp for the speakers? And what would you suggest as far as brands and models

Spilled gas in trunk [ 1 Answers ]

I spilled gasoline in the trunk of my car. Wanted to know if there is anyway to get rid of smell? The smell is pretty overpowering. I have been letting the car air out everyday since its happened but it still smells.

Trunk won't stay up. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a '93 Honda Accord. The trunk won't stay up with out using a support. It looks like it has two torsion bars but I am not sure how to replace or even if they are the issue. Help?

View more questions Search