Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Melles378 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2006, 08:36 AM
    Lawnmower seems stuck
    We have a Murray push Lawnmower. One day while mowing in especially tall grass something was hit, like a rock, and the mower immediately stopped. Now don't laugh at me cause I don't know the names of the parts.

When it was attempted to restart it the cord would not move... like it was stuck. I took the top off and realized that the circular part and all the way down to the blades was stuck. I turned the blades then it came loose. I turned a little more and it got stuck again. I was just wondering if there is anything I can do to fix it or if I need a professional.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2006, 10:19 PM
    Take the spark plug wire off(and for added protection out), hold the handle switch down and basically have the whole thing up in the air(have the handle under a low step or something) and have a friend turn the engine over and look at the blade and crank (what the blade is bolted to) I'm hoping the blade is bent... not the crank, but you did bend either or, or both. (its catching the deck) If the blade is bent, but not the crank (spend a lot of time looking at it carefully, use whatever you can to see if it moves from side to side) ruler, whatever... if the crank is OK... then just replace the blade... if you replace it and it does not start (you could have also sheared the aluminum flywheel key, keeps the engine in time, its made to shear to protect the engine) take the shroud off, the flywheel and check/replace the key with a oem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawnmower Help [ 10 Answers ]

My lawnmower, Murray Select w/Briggs?Stratton engine, will start but will not get up to speed. It only putt-putts and kicks out a lot of smoke. Any suggestions?

2 stroke gas in my lawnmower [ 2 Answers ]

I accidentally put 2 stroke gas in my lawnmower. My neighbor cleaned it out but it still will not start. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Help with lawnmower rope [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a new lawnmower it started OK, went about 5 feet then quit. I tried to pull the rope to start it again (while holding down the handle/lever)but it appears to be "stuck" and won't pull out. What am I dong wrong??

Lawnmower trouble [ 2 Answers ]

I have a snapper lawnmower it starts up just fine but will cut off about 5 seconds later.The problem started a few cuts back the first time it quit I waited a few minutes and re started it and completed cutting my lawn now it will start and cut off after a few seconds.what can I do before taking it...

Lawnmower decision [ 1 Answers ]

Lowe's ,Home Depot, Sears,Kmart,Target and Walmart... where can I get a dependable reliable riding tractor for $900-1000

View more questions Search