Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dawnkinney Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 12:32 AM
    Family member with a paranoid mental health issue?
    I have a family member that seems to be having some mental health issues.She feels everyone is out to get her in workplace and school.She hears voices making negative comments and sounds.She only seems to complain of hearing voices at home.she says people are bugging her house and when she goes outside the noises stop because she thinks they are messing with her and are spying and stop to mess with her.Her behavior is very unsettling and she says she knows it sounds crazy but its true and gets angry if u try to reason.My question is if she s having auditory hallucinations wouldn t she hear them when she was not home also?Or could she just have them when she s home.I need an experts opinion.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 11, 2009, 01:36 AM

Schizophrenic (and I say schizophrenic because I had a family member with the same affliction, matching your description) disorders can have boundaries. As in only hearing voices at home and no where else. She needs to see a doctor soon. The only expert opinion is going to be from a doctor
    Bonita-- Posts: 301, Reputation: 17

Mar 14, 2009, 06:07 PM
    I believe she has schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is a mental illness that causes the person to hear voices inside their head, become very paranoid, they think that everyone is out to get them and they see things that are not really there. Schiziophrenia can be controlled with medication. You need to bring her to the doctor to get a proper diagnosis and also to get her the help that she needs.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 14, 2009, 06:43 PM
    Yes, she has scizophrenia. She needs to be properly evaluated and treated as this could possibly be detrimental to her health and to the health of those around her.

The delusions she is having are very common with schizophrenia.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could be mental health? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello! My name is Alexandra and I am a 21 year old college nursing student. For a long time now (since I was about 15 or 16 and has just progressively gotten worse) I have had this persistent and constant strange, sort of indescribable feeling that I am not physically here... like the things around...

Mental Health [ 3 Answers ]

What causes teenage depression?

How long does it normally take for a family member to adopt another family member [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: I am in the process of adopting my nephew. I have had him since he was born and started the adoption in 05 I did home study, background check, etc in first year. Two years later I got transfer of custody. It is now going on the third year and the adoption is still not final. How long...

Can mental health ru in family [ 6 Answers ]

My Ex keeps breaking up with me 6 times in 4.5 years and last 2-3 months. Her mom has mental problems and takes medication. When she is off medication she is wacko, thinks people are after her etc. My question is what % rate would it be that her daughter my ex would start to get symptoms of mental...

I need serious mental health [ 10 Answers ]

Before I get started I just want to say I'm not a pervert or sick in the head, I'm 20 and I'm starting to have feelings for a 13 year old, I'm just wondering how much pychiatric help I need because this shouln't be happening because it is very wrong Thanks

View more questions Search