Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    viola499 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2009, 10:37 PM
    Blood Results
    What may cause elevated B12 and ferritin readings in a blood rest?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2009, 10:40 PM

You did not ask the doctor?
    crv Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2009, 08:35 PM
    An elevated B12 level is of no concern. Only reduced B12 levels are of note. An elevated ferritin level means that you may have elevated iron stores. Most of the time, this is also of no major significance. Many older individuals or people with chronic health problems of any sort have elevated ferritin levels (it is a response to physiologic stress including, in some cases, advanced age). If it is only mildly elevated, I wouldn't worry. If it is markedly elevated, and you are not elderly or have any chronic diseases, you might talk with your doctor to make sure you don't have a genetic disease causing over-accumulation of iron.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blood work results [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell what a higher than normal MCH and RDW mean in plain english? I've looked it up online and still found it hard to understand. Thanks

Blood Results show Protein in my blood? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what that could mean or be a sign of? What is this doctor testing for?

Oxycontin blood test results [ 1 Answers ]

When getting a blood test for oxycontin (prescribed) - does it show the level of oxy or just the presence? Thank you!

Intrepreting Blood Test Results [ 1 Answers ]

I recently went to an urgent care center and received my test results in mail. I have high levels of "Bilirubin", "HDL Cholestrol" and "Glocose"--which is using a reference ingterval of 65-99. Can you gvie me some advice on what this means generally?

Blood Test Results [ 3 Answers ]

How can a blood test result for ANA be positive for 10 or more years and then become negative for the last year?

View more questions Search