Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nhparent Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2009, 05:07 PM
    At what age can my daughter come live with me
    Hello everyone, I am new to this but I would greatly appreciate any help you can give to me. My daughter will be 16 this August. She wants to live with me but her mother won't allow it. I have been paying child support since 2000, I have never missed any payments and have always giving her more when she needed it. My daughter is miserable and has told me that her mother does not like her and she favors my oldest daughter. I have 2 girls. Does my daughter have a right to come and live with me? Is there any legal way that I can have my daughter live with me? Thank you
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 10, 2009, 05:11 PM

You need to go to court and seek it from the judge. Be prepared for visitation should the child move into your home and there may be some weight if and only if they allow her to testify otherwise its when she is 18 that she can decide for her own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

At what age can my daughter decide to live wit me [ 22 Answers ]

Hi I have a 6 year old daughter at the moment she lives with her mother. I have a contact order at present were I keep her 3 weekends out of 4 at what age can my daughter decide who she wants to live with. Regards, Gary

Live in girlfriend her son & married daughter? [ 4 Answers ]

I moved in with my girlfriend and her 17 year old son, into her house about 1 year ago. She also has a 23 year old daughter that is married she is now living with us because her husband left to Iraq. That's not a problem. My problem now is that I have a small business and my girlfriend runs the...

My daughter wants to live with me [ 2 Answers ]

How old does she have to be to tell the judge that she wants to live with me?

My daughter wants to live with me [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter currently lives with her father in Ohio. I reside in Indiana. She is 12 1/2 and hates her stepmother. Her stepmother has treated her awful and her father now sides with the stepmom. She has went from an honor student to failling grades. Will a judge let her make the decision where...

View more questions Search