Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Star_Girl_123 Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Aug 27, 2006, 11:53 PM
    Media Player - Audio Transcribing
    Hi :rolleyes:

I have been given a CD with around 2.5hrs of audio that needs to be transcribed.

I used to do tape work in a law firm, and there was a function on the hardware that would let you "slow down" the speed of the tape, so you can type in time to the voice(s) rather than keep pausing.

I can't find a function in Windows Media Player to do this, is there one? If not, is there a different media player that allows for this?

Thank you
    Trudy
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2006, 03:57 AM
    Good question. If you haven't yet upgraded your WMP to version 10 then maybe this is the time to do it. Then check out this link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...er_how_to.aspx
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 28, 2006, 05:31 AM
    Check out this site:
    http://www.windfile.com/find/audio-recording-software/
    Which has tools for transcribers. Also Google audio playback dictation to see if there are others.
    Star_Girl_123 Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Aug 28, 2006, 05:31 PM
    Thanks Scott,
    Turns out there was a function in my version of Media Player after all. Thanks for your post. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Virfound in Media Player [ 3 Answers ]

Hiya All Has anyone seen this before? Went into Media Player, scrolling down my music and saw track "virfound" hadn't seen this before so clicked on it. "Stephen Hawkins" type voice said "Caution a virus has been detected". I got rid of it, but couldn't find it again, went into search and this...

Windows Media Player [ 1 Answers ]

I am very confused and every link WMP has doesn't solve my problem. I want to arrange my music library in order of either artist A-Z, or song title A-Z. How can I do this, and if you can, give me step by step info? I've tried what I could and so far nothing. I really appreciate your help.

AOL media player [ 8 Answers ]

Help every time I try to play downloadable movies off sites AOL media player will come up and it won't let me use windows media player... does anyone know how to solve this problem or delete AOL media player... thanks

Problems w/ Media Player [ 3 Answers ]

I have not been able to get Media Player to load radio stations. I have re-downloaded the program and run the changes as indicated. I still cannot download any radio stations. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, CVGreg

Windows media player 9 [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Im using windows media player 9 on windows 98. Is there any way to clear the list of movies it has played that shows up when you press the file tab? Thank you :o

View more questions Search