Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adiesem Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2009, 04:21 PM
    Mobile home walk out
    We own a mobile home in a in a park where you lease the land. My husband has been out of work for over a year and I have a new job making $12,000 less. We can no longer afford the mortgage and lot rent together it is over 1100.00 a month. What would happen if we just walk from the property.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2009, 05:46 PM

You don't have a mortgage you have a chattal loan similar to a car loan.

Have you tried advertising the home where the prospective buyer would take over your payments on the home as well as the park rent? This would at least get you out from under the mobile home loan.

The loan company will be coming after you for the remainder of the loan payments.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 10, 2009, 06:39 PM

Well what happens, the land rent keeps building up since the home is on the land, until the loan company actually repo's the home.

So from that aspect the landlord can keep billing you and billing you and finally sue you for the rent.

On the repo, they will repo, then add repo costs, perhaps moving costs, then they will sell it, and add legal fees, sell costs.

At that point a 40,000 loan balance may be 50,000 or even more. Then the home is sold, perhaps for 1/2 or even 1/4 of what you owed on it. And guess who still owes the balance.

On some homes I have seen people actually owe more after they move out and it is repo'ed than they owed before they move out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Conversion of mobile home to single family home [ 5 Answers ]

In 1995, we bought some land & moved a salvaged mobile home on it. The mobile wasn't permanent meaning we only needed to live in it until we could build our house. We first added onto the mobile a 12x60 section. We then began to tear down the mobile home & eventually added a front section. The...

Walk away from home in foreclosure [ 3 Answers ]

I have been trying to save our home that has been in foreclosure for two years. We have had 4 re-fainance apporvals all have fallen through due to cxurrent lender refusing to submit payoff on time. We have already moved out and just want to give up th efight and give them the property. Credit is...

Mobile home a/c [ 2 Answers ]

Changed a 4 ton to a 5 ton unit in a mobile home uped duct size 12 to a 14 feeding other side of moblie home . It is freezing up what could be going wrong

Puppy won't walk away from home but will run towards home! [ 1 Answers ]

My 4 month old Maltese puppy loved to walk on a leash until a few weeks ago when he suddenly refused to walk more than a few feet at a time when we were walking away from my apartment. As soon as we turn to go back to my apartment he runs all the way home. Nothing happened to scare or hurt him...

Garden Tub Faucet - Home of Legend mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My sister has a leaky garden tub faucet. We can't determine how to access under the faucet. There is no access door. A closet is behind the faucet. When we remove the wallboard, we find the distance from the opening to the faucet too far away to access. Can you help? Thanks, Mary

View more questions Search