Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luvlylyde Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2009, 03:36 PM
    How can I prevent someone from another country to enter the United States?
    My husband and I are married for many years, He visited Laos a few time recently and is now influence by this other lady who is trying to seduce him into marrying her and bringing her into the United States. He now wants to married her but he won't divorce me and I also don't want to divorce him snice we have been together for a long times, the only way for me to stop him is to prevent this other lady from entering into the United States. I have heard that I could just sent a letter or e-mail to the U.S embassy to state my reasons this other lady shouldn't be allow to enter the U.S. Can I do that? Can anyone please help me find a way to help save my marriage?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2009, 11:42 AM

NO, you can't just send a letter "saying some woman from another country loves my husband and might ruin my marriage so please prevent her from entering the US". This (though very sad) is not illegal. Also if he really loves her and she is denied access to the US he will most likely go to see her.

The problem is not this other woman, it's your husband, I have no idea why you would put up with him acting this way.

As this is basically a legal board all I can say is there is nothing you can do to prevent her access to the US (unless you have proof she is doing something illegal which she isn't as per your description above)
    Discriminated Posts: 2, Reputation: -1

Mar 11, 2009, 10:10 PM

According to the U.S. laws, one can not have more than one spouse. If he is married and brings her second wife in the U.S. you can perhaps bring to attention of legal authorities and he can be charged with polygamy that is unlawful.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 01:33 PM

As it's a legal board we can't assume anything.

The original post mentionned that her husband has a "girlfriend" or whatever in another country that wants to come to the US to see him. Unfortunately this is not illegal and there is no proof he wants her as a second wife. The statement "he wants to marry her but wont divorce me" does not necessarily mean he wants 2 wives, he may have simply meant he doesn't want to divorce the current wife at this time

Unless the OP has proof (something written by him) that he wants 2 wives I doubt US customs will do anything about it... even if she had that he hasn't actually broken any laws yet... but that would really be a case by case decision if she reported this to USCIS
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Mar 12, 2009, 11:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by luvlylyde View Post
    My husband and I are married for many years, He visited Laos a few time recently and is now influence by this other lady who is trying to seduce him into marrying her and bringing her into the United States. He now wants to married her but he won't divorce me and I also don't want to divorce him snice we have been together for a long times, the only way for me to stop him is to prevent this other lady from entering into the United States. I have heard that I could just sent a letter or e-mail to the U.S embassy to state my reasons why this other lady shouldn't be allow to enter the U.S. Can I do that? Can anyone please help me find a way to help save my marriage?
    As long as you are still legally married, he can't file spouse visa for anyone. Applying for visitor's visa from Laos is very difficult... even K-1 visa takes over a year. Don't worry.
    luvlylyde Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2009, 10:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanwadee View Post
    As long as you are still legally married, he can't file spouse visa for anyone. Applying for visitor's visa from Laos is very difficult... even K-1 visa takes over a year. Don't worry.
    Thanks for answering... Can he ask someone else to do it for him though? Do you have any ideas for me to stop him from getting those paper work done? I know it's my business but I am out of idea and don't know who or what to turn to until I saw this website. Yes we are still legally married and like I say he don't want to divorce me as well and I also don't want to also but I am still scared he might ask someone to do it for him. Please get back to me.
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Mar 13, 2009, 11:37 AM

If you believe he is going to or has committed immigration fraud, you can call the USCIS or ICE. To report suspicious activity or to make a confidential reporting of immigration violations, call 1-866-DHS-2-ICE (1-866-347-2423). Emailed reports of suspicious activity or "tips" are not accepted.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Mar 13, 2009, 11:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by luvlylyde View Post
    Thanks for answering...Can he ask somone else to do it for him though? Do you have any ideas for me to stop him from getting those paper work done? I know it's my business but I am out of idea and dont know who or what to turn to til i saw this website. Yes we are still legally married and like I say he don't want to divorce me as well and I also don't want to also but I am still scared he might ask someone to do it for him. Please get back to me.
    You don't have to worry about him bringing someone to US or having someone else doing that for for him... bigamy is illegal in US and it's not that easy. Visitor's visa approval rate is near zero in Laos, Vietnam and throughout SE Asia.

Anyway, if I were in your shoes, I would get myself prepared in case he changes his mind and wants to file a divorce.
    Graystar2799 Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

May 28, 2009, 05:13 PM

I don't know anything about marrige, But I think you should just leave him.If he wants to be with her this bad, just let him... You don't need to put up with that kind of man! Find a new man...
    Yeah don't listen to me... Just my point of view.
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Aug 3, 2009, 04:20 PM

Best advice is talking to your husband. That Laos woman probably has a very bad life over there in Laos... but you can't send a letter to the US Embassy and starts saying a whole bunch of personal issues.

Yup, talk to your husband and tell him what you thinks. And if he is so seduced to that woman as to bring her over, tsk, how can you still be okay with that?
    baoyang30 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2011, 02:07 PM
    How can I stop they're marriage in laos

Apr 14, 2011, 02:09 PM
    How can I write a letter to the embassy to find her?
    Please help me stop this,I have five sons by him

Apr 14, 2011, 02:12 PM
    How to stop my husband getting her over to usa
    Please help me asap
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2011, 02:55 PM

Getting WHO over to US? I have no idea what you are asking.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2011, 05:47 PM
    What country are we talking about?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 14, 2011, 07:46 PM

Stop asking the same question or additional info in different posts, I have merged them.

May 29, 2011, 03:33 PM
    I have the same situation too
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 29, 2011, 05:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by baoyang30 View Post
    i have the same situation too

Good, then tell us what he's asking.
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

May 29, 2011, 09:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by baoyang30 View Post
    how can i stop they're marriage in laos
    Need more details if you want a useful response.
    lefties Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Oct 12, 2012, 05:18 PM
    Wish to file complaint with usa against philipino scammers awaiting their interview in manila, these people have ripped me off huge here in manila-how do I do this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is the United States a Third World Country? [ 32 Answers ]

In the past two days, I have twice heard the US referred to as or being associated with being a third world country. In both cases, they were referring to a recent report published in PLoS Medicine, completed apparently by experts at Harvard and other institutions. The report states that there is...

What are the time limitations of a visa to visit this Country United States? [ 2 Answers ]

How long can a visa from Ghana to the United States be legal before it needs to be updated? Regards, girad1961

Work permit to enter canada from united states [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a truck driver, but I can't enter canada because I have a felony, however, I have learned that I can obtain a minister permit to enter canada to allow me to work, how do I go about obtaining such a permit Kindly yours, ...

United States Constitiution [ 2 Answers ]

Name the four ways in which the United States Constitition has been developed since 1789 and give an example of each.

United states immigrants [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: what 3 things that immigrants have brought to the united states

View more questions Search