Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gssekhon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2009, 01:21 PM
    Unable to boot Windows XP because of SVCHOST.EXE Application Error
    For the last several days, I have utterly failed to use my computer for any purpose at all, be it internet, or Office 2007, because I just can't start my operating system.
    As soon as I switch on my computer, and try to log on by writing my password, I get the following message:

SVCHOST.EXE Application Error

The instruction at “0x7c910cae” referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program, click on Cancel to debug the program.

I am at my wits' end as to how to surmount this problem.
    ANY HELP please?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 08:24 PM

A repair installation should be able to fix this - you would need an installation disk

Repair Installation
    A Repair Install will replace the system files with the files on the XP CD used for the Repair Install. It will leave your applications and settings intact, but Windows updates will need to be reapplied.

A Repair Install will replace files altered by adware and malware, but will not fix an adware, malware problem.
    Perform a Repair Installation

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Retrieve Windows XP key but Windows won't boot [ 3 Answers ]

I have an HP machine that has had the case replaced (meaning the sticker is no longer stuck to the side of the case.) It also didn't come with any media (the restore partition is corrupted.) All I need to do to fix the booting problem is run a repair but I cannot get into Windows to retrieve the...

SVChost.exe application error when my computer booth up [ 5 Answers ]

When I boot up my computer (Windows XP Home) I get the following message: Svchost.exe Application Error. The instruction at 0x7c91b1fa referenced memory at 0x00000010 could not be written. Ckick OK to terminate or click Cancel to debug. Anyone have a solution for this? Thanks

Unable to run this application [ 3 Answers ]

Please help me.. I can't open this application.. when I run this application, an error pop up says "unable to run this application! Another user is currently using this application on your computer" Please help me

Svchost.exe - Application Error [ 3 Answers ]

I am getting below error ! Can I have soution for this ? I am using Win XP SP 2 svchost.exe - Application Error --------------------------- The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000409) occurred in the application at location 0x5b86a3c0

Windows boot error [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've been having a problem whenever I boot up my Computer, I see a display error message. It says exactly: Windows cannot find ""C:\WINDOWS\sembako-chzjloh.exe"". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button and then click...

View more questions Search