Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dienas67 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2009, 12:59 PM
    Paternity
    About 13 yrs. My ex gave up a baby for adoption. My name is on the birth certificate, however, is there any way of finding out if the child was mine or not? I was young at the time and didn't think this would ever come back to haunt me, but I'm finding that it is.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 10, 2009, 01:18 PM

If your name had been on the birth certificate, you would have had to sign away your parental rights.

Barring that, it would be very disruptive to the child for you to try to find out NOW what you should have been more interested in years ago.

I would leave well enough alone.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2009, 05:12 AM

If your name was on the birth certificate you would have been a part of the adoption process. If you signed away your rights, the child is not yours anymore, so what biology will tell you is irrelevant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Regarding paternity [ 2 Answers ]

Two half brothers and their respective mothers are alive. But the father of the two half brothers is expired. Is it possible to find out from the blood samples of the respective persons that the biological father of two half brothers are one and the same?

How to establish paternity [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I really need some help. The man listed on my birth certificate as my father denies that I am his daughter. Him and my mother were legally married at the time of my birth, but were separated. For medical reasons as well as piece of mind, I need to know if he is my biological father. Is it...

Paternity Doubts [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I split up in December of last year and got back together mid January this year. Problem is, I found out this April I was pregnant (the doc said around 10 weeks) and while me and my guy were separated I ended up fooling around with my ex. Now the doc gave me a due date of Dec. 2...

Paternity [ 5 Answers ]

Are there chances that a judge will not oder you to have a paternity test taken? If so, on what grounds.

View more questions Search