Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pie812 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2009, 10:56 AM
    Puppy with earmites
    My puppy had earmites, the vet told me to use mineral oil to get rid of them but it doesn't seem to be working, is 8 weeks too young to use Ear Miticide? Thanks!
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2009, 04:13 AM
    Your vet should have given you actual ear drops to kill the mites. I've never heard of mineral oil being used.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy trying to go back home? Puppy Attatchment? [ 8 Answers ]

http://bp2.blogger.com/_FAAhWpUtQZk/RuRyYXJT6-I/AAAAAAAAABE/oFHBuJrtsyU/s1600-h/buddahs.jpg Photo can also be seen at buddahs.jpg (image) Above a photo of Johnny Cash (jack russell mix). Someone gave me this dog mid August when she was 2 months old. I had her from mid August till the end of...

When can I get another puppy after my puppy died of parvo? [ 19 Answers ]

My husband and I recently bought a puppy. 5 days later she was very sick and after taking her to the vet hospital we found out she had parvo. We did everything possible to help her get better but after 5 days of 24 hour treatment we had to put her to sleep. We've now learned that she contacted the...

Puppy pining after death of puppy sister [ 1 Answers ]

In November I adopted two no determined breed puppies who were about 9 weeks old. Although they did not look alike, my feeling was they were siblings. WE have had several power outages in our area and despite having two gates barring my property the puppies were able to get out and sadly the...

Earmites- Eradimite [ 7 Answers ]

Here I go again! ;) So the Vet gave me Eradimite to put in my puppies ears. He said he didn't see any indication she had earmites but he gave me the medicine just in case since she was itching them too much. I've been putting it in her ears everyday like the Vet suggested and about 20 min....

Earmites contagious? [ 5 Answers ]

I previously had 2 Lhasa Apsos who had terrible problems with ear mites. They grew really old and had to be put to sleep. I got a my new puppy right before they were put to sleep. They met once, for a brief minute and never touched... (As you probably remember) I've had her around 3 weeks. She's...

View more questions Search